• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ROCK$TAR_995

Registered
Hi

I need help. I want to install water cooling to cool my cpu, im sick and tired of the noise from the stock fan.:bang head
i just want a basic water cooling kit that will do me fine with a little bit of overclocking. was considering the Corsair H40 or H60? Budget around $60 - $80
GeForce GTS 450 GPU
Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) 1866
1TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD
Corsair HX750w Power supply
HAF 922 Case

Thanx:)

Last edited:
Either will be an improvement.

The H60 fits your budget, has a copper cold plate and a slightly slower fan (thus not as loud). It is also typically more available AFAIK. So that is what I would get.

If you are still using the stock cooler, you could spend alot less and get a near silent air solution if your not overclocking. Such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004 which I currently have cooling the cpu in my sig.

Either will be an improvement.

The H60 fits your budget, has a copper cold plate and a slightly slower fan (thus not as loud). It is also typically more available AFAIK. So that is what I would get.

If you are still using the stock cooler, you could spend alot less and get a near silent air solution if your not overclocking. Such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004 which I currently have cooling the cpu in my sig.

See i do want to overclock so the solution is watercooling:) with the H60, would you hear it badly or just a little?

It should sort of.

In my mind these are just "high end air cooling" units. Think flex heatpipes.

They aren't like a typical water cooling loop at all.

Also the h70 is out of the OP's posted budget.

Hi

I need help. I want to install water cooling to cool my cpu, im sick and tired of the noise from the stock fan.:bang head

Really? I get concerned if I can't hear my fans from at least 30 feet away. I like to know it's on.

My work PC is totally silent, but I don't think there is actually anything in the box...

Fans too loud...what's this world coming to? :clap:

(last 5 min of time to kill at work. I get board)

Really? I get concerned if I can't hear my fans from at least 30 feet away. I like to know it's on.

My work PC is totally silent, but I don't think there is actually anything in the box...

Fans too loud...what's this world coming to? :clap:

(last 5 min of time to kill at work. I get board)

Hahaha well ? know its on, cz ? turned it on hahaha!!

I would only suggest the H70 if you add fan shrouds.

*Shouldn't this be in the watercooling section?

Haha what's fan shrouds?
*sorry, new to the whole water cooling thing :D

And yea it should, but only realized that after, ?'m new to the OCF..

Fry's.

Shrouds = extenders. They reduce the air noise by putting space between the fan and radiator. This also helps move more air through the fins, further reducing the cooling capacity of the radiator. I didn't spend $20 a piece on mine. You can "gut" any old 120mm fan and use it instead. I had to pick up custome length screws from a hardware store, too.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7...er_120mm_Radiator_Shroud_-_Dual_Blue_LED.html

Back