• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED MSI Afterburner Expires ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

Hey guys any of you here uses MSI Afterburner ? If you do , did you come across this message lately ?

MSI Afterburner Expires on Friday , March 28 2014.

So what does this means ?? We can no longer use MSI AB after March 28 ? ?
Im using the BETA 18 Version 3.0.0

Yes, its a BETA.
If you don't want it to expire, get the latest stable release instead of the beta.

Yes, its a BETA.
If you don't want it to expire, get the latest stable release instead of the beta.

I see , so only Expires for BETA versions then ??
Are you using the Normal one then ?

Hmm but I will need the latest " RivaTunerStatisticsServer " for the game THIEF to work ( The On-Screen Display )
Can I least keep this , this and MSI AB is a different program right ? Only is that when we install MSI AB , it came along with it ??

Just get the new Beta. It normally releases before the previous Beta expires.

I heard there won't be any more new BETA coming out or something like that , for now it's already Wednesday here , and I tried downloading latest BETA , there isn't any. It's still BETA 18 !
Can I use RivaTuner with Precision X ?
I don't bother with the overclocking program , for I only adjusted my fan speed with it as I can even use Sapphire TriXX to do that...what I want most is the On Screen Display to show me my FPS , GPU Temp , Load etc
As I mentioned I need the latest RivaTuner to work for THIEF game.
Thats why I updated to BETA 18 in the first place.

Beta 19

Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19 is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:
Added optional unified GPU usage monitoring path via D3DKMT performance counters. You may tick “Enable unified GPU usage monitoring” option in “AMD compatibilities properties” in “General” tab as a workaround to replace native AMD GPU usage monitoring if it is working improperly (e.g. broken GPU usage monitoring in AMD ADL API for AMD Sea Islands GPU family)
• Added basic monitoring for unsupported GPUs (e.g. Intel integrated iGPUs):
o Now GPU usage and videomemory usage can be monitored and displayed in On-Screen Display on any GPU, so you can use MSI Afterburner to monitor graphics subsystem on laptops without dedicated NVIDIA/AMD GPU
o Extended GPU usage monitoring for Intel integrated iGPUs. You can independently monitor usage of main GPU execution unit (labeled as “GPU usage”) and MFX unit (labeled as "VID usage" to keep NVIDIA-styled GPU domains naming)
• Added “NV12 compression” to the list of available video formats to “Videocapture” tab. This format can be used to replace uncompressed video recording with fixed 2x compression ratio at the cost of some color information loss caused by RGB to YUV 4:2:0 color space conversion
• RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to version 6.1.0

Download Link

If you have any special version of AB and you still wish to use it then you can also change date in the system :) ... but that will cause some additional issues with web browsers etc.

Or, you can do like I do. Forget about the expiration date till you actually reboot your PC. Beta 17 lasted me more then 2 weeks past it's expiration date cause that's when I finally rebooted my PC. Still running Beta 18 right now, and probably won't reboot till Windows Update time, if they have a update that requires a reboot. :beer:

Or you can use other software based on AB engine like evga or asus have. I don't think they made it time limited.

Or you can use other software based on AB engine like evga or asus have. I don't think they made it time limited.

I heard EVGA's Precision X is same as MSI AB right ?
But ASUS...ASUS is what ? GPU TWEAK ?

But my biggest question and my biggest concern as I mentioned above can I use the Riva Tuner on these two instead of MSI AB ?

As I said , I only using MSI AB because of the OSD lol...I would prefer Sapphire TriXX since Im 101% Sapphire fanboy :attn:

Note : I support Fanboytism *Insert Hate Comments Below* :thup:

I heard EVGA's Precision X is same as MSI AB right ?
But ASUS...ASUS is what ? GPU TWEAK ?

But my biggest question and my biggest concern as I mentioned above can I use the Riva Tuner on these two instead of MSI AB ?
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Riva tuner is ancient, if its the one I am thinking about...

Me thinks getting over your self-proclaimed fanboyism would be better and use MSI AB.

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Riva tuner is ancient, if its the one I am thinking about...

Me thinks getting over your self-proclaimed fanboyism would be better and use MSI AB.

Hmm I think Riva Tuner itself too has a Overclocking program for GPU , but the OSD now we using on the MSI AB is too called Riva Tuner lol , it's so confusing :bang head

But since BETA 19 it's out I guess I will just stick with AB for it's quite user friendly , tons of features and best of all no problems from it so far :thup:

Problem is in 64-bit games, only MSI Afterburner is supported for the OSD. eVGA Precision X and the others are not, due to licensing issues.

Problem is in 64-bit games, only MSI Afterburner is supported for the OSD. eVGA Precision X and the others are not, due to licensing issues.

It won't do video capture on 64-bit though, which sucks.

It won't do video capture on 64-bit though, which sucks.

Yeah another big issue about this....but what does it means by 64-bit ?
This only occurs for me in THIEF, which they said it's because it's a 64-bit same goes for Battlefield 4 I think , so most the new games coming are gonna be 64-bit now then ?

Yeah another big issue about this....but what does it means by 64-bit ?
This only occurs for me in THIEF, which they said it's because it's a 64-bit same goes for Battlefield 4 I think , so most the new games coming are gonna be 64-bit now then ?

Yes, most new games will use 64-bit instructions because the new consoles use it.

Get FRAPS, it plays nice with 64-bit.

Back