• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Push for 6th!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are the FX chips worth anything in 01? Last time I checked they were junk even at high speeds, but that was a generation or two ago.

Because of current hwbot point system if we had 10-15 members with the same amount of submissions as those ~600 members on our list then we would have almost the same total points as we have now. Most our higher scored submissions are just changing members lately. There is nothing really new that gives our team any boost in rankings.

I mean that hwbot points are not motivating for most of our team. We are mainly "stealing" TPP from each other so there are not so many new points even though there are many submissions.
I see that many our members have no motivation to make full set of benchmarks on their hardware. Often I see some hardware unbenched but already on classifieds.
Some members are only running benchmarks on a popular hardware that gives some more points so personal total points are raising but team's not ( as we already have points for most of that popular stuff ).
Team gets 10% of user's hardware points + TPP so once again, if you bench something less popular, scores aren't best and you get 0.1 points then there still can be 2-4 points for the team if it was our highest or the only result in that category. Looks like Classic Platforms understands that everything is worth to bench while our team focus more on personal globals.

Overclocking supposed to be fun but I also see that it's not fun for many our members and a lot of them ( count like maybe 90% from the list ) are inactive for longer. That's one of reasons why benching team shouldn't stick only to hwbot rankings to keep it alive.
I know that many OCF members don't like hwbot and don't really care to submit results there. Personally I would quit long time ago if it was only about hwbot.
Some know that I was hwbot moderator for 2 years and I have my reasons not to like it.
Anyway it's the only so big ranking and I doubt there will be anything better soon.

... and we are already losing ~500 points to that 6th place. Looking at the list we will faster move to the 6th spot beating AwardFabrik team.

I don't want that my post be even more demotivating but simply think about it ... I'm also not saying to stop bench stuff that we already have in the database just if you can get something new then pick the one that no one benched in the team or scores are really low.

Last edited:
My take on the Bot is simple

HWBOT = Lesley Gore replacing the word My with Their

So don't get frustrated, just have fun. that is what brought us all into this hobby in the first place :thup:

Because of current hwbot point system if we had 10-15 members with the same amount of submissions as those ~600 members on our list then we would have almost the same total points as we have now. Most our higher scored submissions are just changing members lately. There is nothing really new that gives our team any boost in rankings.

I mean that hwbot points are not motivating for most of our team. We are mainly "stealing" TPP from each other so there are not so many new points even though there are many submissions.
I see that many our members have no motivation to make full set of benchmarks on their hardware. Often I see some hardware unbenched but already on classifieds.
Some members are only running benchmarks on a popular hardware that gives some more points so personal total points are raising but team's not ( as we already have points for most of that popular stuff ).
Team gets 10% of user's hardware points + TPP so once again, if you bench something less popular, scores aren't best and you get 0.1 points then there still can be 2-4 points for the team if it was our highest or the only result in that category. Looks like Classic Platforms understands that everything is worth to bench while our team focus more on personal globals.

Overclocking supposed to be fun but I also see that it's not fun for many our members and a lot of them ( count like maybe 90% from the list ) are inactive for longer. That's one of reasons why benching team shouldn't stick only to hwbot rankings to keep it alive.
I know that many OCF members don't like hwbot and don't really care to submit results there. Personally I would quit long time ago if it was only about hwbot.
Some know that I was hwbot moderator for 2 years and I have my reasons not to like it.
Anyway it's the only so big ranking and I doubt there will be anything better soon.

... and we are already losing ~500 points to that 6th place. Looking at the list we will faster move to the 6th spot beating AwardFabrik team.

I don't want that my post be even more demotivating but simply think about it ... I'm also not saying to stop bench stuff that we already have in the database just if you can get something new then pick the one that no one benched in the team or scores are really low.

I know exactly what your talking about.

Most of the guys on my team have already benched the old stuff to death squeezing out what they can even multiple times. I just let them bois have it and do what I feel is fun to me and worry less about the bot place.

HWBot for me, is a nice place to hold my pictures and benchmarks. Not really anything more than that. Some people think that it's some kind of god send, but truthfully, the people that run it are probably more in it for moneys and free hardware more so over making it a fun friendly place for every one to hang out. You'd notice HWBot forums isn't packed with ALL the benchmarkers out there just for that reason. It's really not that friendly....

Ya, and I don't do ever single submission for a Cpu or w/e. Ain't nobody got time for that.

There's a bunch of benchmarks now that didn't exist when I ran most of the CPUs/GPUs I have scores on. Makes it hard to run everything!
Adding a bazillion benches is part of what drove me away for a while.

The HWBot prime thing is broken as hell I think. 771 core2 things appear to be better than far faster CPUs. Weird stuff.

I know exactly what your talking about.

Most of the guys on my team have already benched the old stuff to death squeezing out what they can even multiple times. I just let them bois have it and do what I feel is fun to me and worry less about the bot place.

I think you're a little mistaken about a few things above bro. ;)

My take on benching and HWB:
I bench for personal enjoyment. Period. I benched before I even knew about HWB.
Do I like to compete? Sure. Who doesn't.
I bench for the team. I don't generally take points from my own team mates. There's no point in that. It doesn't help the team.
Do I think HWB is fair and run well? Hahahahahahahaa
They're the only game in town. They can run it how ever they want. It's their site. It's up to you if you want to use it.
Will I pay to use it? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

with a team as large as ours, stepping on toes and improving on existing scores is a lot of what's left. Surely there is virgin hardware to bench though. :)

with a team as large as ours, stepping on toes and improving on existing scores is a lot of what's left. Surely there is virgin hardware to bench though. :)

I benched my Phenom II X2 B55 for that reason. I got more points off of that then anything else.

Im expecting 2 "new" GPUs in a couple weeks so I will be benching that.

I think you're a little mistaken about a few things above bro. ;)

My take on benching and HWB:
I bench for personal enjoyment. Period. I benched before I even knew about HWB.
Do I like to compete? Sure. Who doesn't.
I bench for the team. I don't generally take points from my own team mates. There's no point in that. It doesn't help the team.
Do I think HWB is fair and run well? Hahahahahahahaa
They're the only game in town. They can run it how ever they want. It's their site. It's up to you if you want to use it.
Will I pay to use it? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Huh? oh nvm.

Surely there is virgin hardware to bench though. :)

These 771 Xeons seem a good way as they're quite cheap and I don't think we have many results.
I see that older graphics cards are mainly degraded. Every old card that I get is clocking below average ( comparing to other/older results ). Even when I make some above average results then it's more because of new CPU than gfx card.
Also some series like Nvidia 8800/9800 cause issues and cards on auctions are nearly dead or already baked.

I was thinking to bench some AM2 stuff as I have pretty good board but AM2 CPUs are still weirdly expensive comparing to other series. You can get 2-5 775 CPUs for the price of one AM2 ( at least in Poland and shipping from other countries is too expensive ).

I still like to bench everything, I just have less time than I used to have. I liked pre-hwbot forum rankings. There was better competition and better contact with other forum members. Right now barely anyone care to post results on the forums.

Back