• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this an Antec TP PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought one today, havn't set it up yet though. It's supposed to be a good O/C PSU, since you can throw resistors on the sensor wires that run along side the wires for the 3v, 5v, and 12v lines- so you can tweak the lines as necessary.

sHape oF gReY said:
Is THIS what everyone refers to as Antec TP 430 PSU? and is it a good PSU for OCing

Yes

I used that to tested a Tbred 1700+ DLT3C to 2.6 GHz stable on air and a 9700 (9500np softmod) overclocked to 360/311. My motherboard used 5V for both CPU and video card, and it worked ok at that time (I was thinking it was getting close to its limit on 5V).

If you have a NF7-S and a 9700, that would be even better, since the 12V and 5V would be separated between the CPU and the video card.

Some test results on PSU with different ratings for overclocking

i810 Forever said:
I just bought one today, havn't set it up yet though. It's supposed to be a good O/C PSU, since you can throw resistors on the sensor wires that run along side the wires for the 3v, 5v, and 12v lines- so you can tweak the lines as necessary.

Interesting to know that the voltages can be tweaked. Could you give a link how to do that?

How to locate the sensor lines? Does it require opening the PSU?

Actually I am more interested to see how to adjust the fan speed of a TP 430, 480.

well when i do upgrade my vid card from FX5200 128 (which will probably be in a month or so, cause im gona get bombed with bills within the next few weeks) will be shooting for a 9700 np or a 9800np, depending on funds.

Back