• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bfg 5900 ultra stuck @ 850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akaboxer

I am trying to overclock BFG Geforce 5900 ultra that came with area 51 box. But the memory clock frequency after awhile returns to 850 yet the core clock frequency doesn't. I have changed the frequency manually and by the autodetect button and still memory frequency returns to 850. By the way I used coolbits to enable the clock frequencies tab. I would appreciate any input except trashing 5900 ultra. thanks…
Driver:52.16&53.03
:D

I have had this problem with the eVGA 5900 ultra and the eVGA 5950 Ultra. It is a driver bug and had been in all the drivers from the 50XXX sieres. I am still waiting for a fix. I check the mem settings every couple of days to verify it is still OC'ed or not. Sometimes it will stay for days, sometimes I have to load it every day. But it seems to be every 3rd of 4th time I shut down it resets the mem freq.

I get the same thing with my EVGA 5900 ultra too, I flashed mine with the reference bios but I heard even the people who have the perfomance bios that clocks the card at 500/900 have their memory drop to 850.

thanks

Tried the 53.03 whql driver and still no luck. Looks like its stuck @850. but still thinking of using the rivatuner. Thanks for your input.:santa:

Back