• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good price for the new 5700 256MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it looks like a good deal. You dont need the extra 128mb, but its higher clocked, so go ahead and get it.

I heard somewhere that the higher memory versions are slower just so they can keep costs down. Anyone else hear of this? So if I got a 128MB version is it possible that it would be 650mhz memory speed or more? 256MB does seem like more than I need but if I can get a 128MB version that is actually faster I probably would do that.

wanna_b_rich_13 said:
I heard somewhere that the higher memory versions are slower just so they can keep costs down. Anyone else hear of this? So if I got a 128MB version is it possible that it would be 650mhz memory speed or more? 256MB does seem like more than I need but if I can get a 128MB version that is actually faster I probably would do that.

That's mainly w/ the 5600's. I'm not sure if the same is true w/ the 5700's. It looks like a pretty good deal, although @ the current price ($199), you could prolly find that price @ your local Circuit City/Best Buy/Fry's.

I think for $200, you should get the 5900 non ultra. It should be better than the 5700 ultra. However, I will recommend the ATI because of future games.

Back