• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new duelly gets here monday :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilscow22

Im getting all my parts in by monday. ill only have a day to use it b4 i have to leave for florida tho :(

GA-7DPXDW-P
2x2600 Mobiles
1x512 buffalo PC2700 Reg ECC
80Gb 8mb WD
TI4200

2xMaze4s
Maze4 GPU
Maze4 Chipset(already have it might as well use it)
MCP600
BIX

Looks like a nice setup indeed. There goes my k7d master buyer.:/ ;)

Where and how much did you pay for the ram? I'm going to be needing some ECC ram soon. And a little off topic, but you don't have to buy a "dual channel" ram kit to run it in dual channel... correct?

Enjoy the new computer. I'm contemplating watercooling my next dually; be sure to let us know how it goes.:)

-CPFitz-

hey man... could you help a guy out???

i was looking at that motherboard to buy.. along wit a couple of athlon mobile xp 2500's.... could you let me know (when you get the board, and got everything setup naturally :p) if you had to do any mods to get your cpus recognized.... thanks in advance...

for the gigabyte board u don't need to mod the cpu's if u use mobile athlons. although u will need to put small wires in the socket to set the speed.

Busty St. Clair said:
for the gigabyte board u don't need to mod the cpu's if u use mobile athlons. although u will need to put small wires in the socket to set the speed.

what do you mean??? it won't show the default speed of the mobiles???
is there alink you can provide me with more info?

Darryl_D said:
hey man... could you help a guy out???

i was looking at that motherboard to buy.. along wit a couple of athlon mobile xp 2500's.... could you let me know (when you get the board, and got everything setup naturally :p) if you had to do any mods to get your cpus recognized.... thanks in advance...

Darryl_D said:

Please read the stickies in this forum. They cover this sort of question. In particular, please read my sticky. It has the answers to most any dual-Athlon question. There is a link in my sig.

Darryl_D said:
The mobiles will boot to 800 MHz, the default multiplier is 6x.
I've got a couple Gigabytes with mobile 2400s set to 16x. They run cool and stable.
I've got another that I'm trying to get 18x but so far only 17x is stable.
Here is a link that shows wires set in the sockets to set the multiplier.
This website shows which pins to jump for each multiplier

That looks pretty cool. I aircool my dually and it runs pretty warm :( I would go water if I could afford it.

CPFitz14 said:
Looks like a nice setup indeed. There goes my k7d master buyer.:/ ;)

Where and how much did you pay for the ram? I'm going to be needing some ECC ram soon. And a little off topic, but you don't have to buy a "dual channel" ram kit to run it in dual channel... correct?

Enjoy the new computer. I'm contemplating watercooling my next dually; be sure to let us know how it goes.:)

-CPFitz-

Nope, you dont need a dual channel kit to run dual channel. Although having the sticks as similar as possible helps, which is why some companies specifically sell dual channel kits.

CPFitz14 said:
And a little off topic, but you don't have to buy a "dual channel" ram kit to run it in dual channel... correct?

Ah! I was just searching for my previouse thread asking this question and look what just got turned up! It appears that, you do not NEED a dual channel kit, but some of the kits work better in terms of sometimes running into stability troubles while overclocking.

Well, this explains it better than I ever could:
PerlAddict said:
Another reason to buy the kit is that the sticks are actually tested together in a dual channel configuration to make sure they run correctly and well together. With a dual channel kit, you have a better chance of them performing more in-synch with each other.

Last edited:
Back