• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KenCo

Welcome to the team all.

While I may have the highest production on team B at the moment, I'm still fairly new to the BOINC team. So I would like to step aside as team captain (if I was there to begin with) and put forth TC and Mictlan as two of our most long standing and venerable team members and the two best candidates for that role. I would be honored to have either of you as team captain and would consider it a favor if you would be willing to step into that role.

Welcome again to the team everyone! Let's kick some butt! ;)

EDIT:

I would also add Dk Jedi Alliance to that list. After all the race was his idea! :)

Last edited:
I would prefer Mictlan or TC as captain.. I will be the one with the great ideas :D

Things to consider:

1. name for the team?
2. What can I do to spice it up?
3 Take some time to dust off your pc - and thereby making sure it can run smothly.
4. Do you have a spare part? Donate to teammember to build one more cruncher.

So lets do this!!

I have plenty of spare parts. Trying to get a few more crunchers online but will part with anything I can spare. Let me know what your missing to get some rigs up.

Having connection problems atm on a network that has 4 of my 5 hosts on it. It shouldn't hinder my total output. I will just be turning in work in large clumps.

Thanks guys - but I would have to suggest Juan. I'm too busy with rl stuff to keep up with this on a daily basis.

I am very new (1 month) so whom ever yall chose is fine by me.

Team name Suggestion
Team Silicon

Team Motto
"I love the smell of Silicon in the morning, It smell like... VICTORY"

We'll be a team of co-captains. :)

Idea - The Silicon Co-captains.

Building on btoup's idea.

Just noticed the race page updated. We had a great day today. We're still in second place, but the gap between first and second place didn't widen. Great job everyone! :)

I had a better day today. But I still have the big guns to pull out tomorrow. Probably take me until at least noon to get working but should be amazing to behold.

Kinda feel like the emperor, well, without the impending defeat.
"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station."

After I get "it" crunching the other teams wont know what hit them. Dont know how long I can keep it online. Hopefull at least until monday.

PS. How about Smokin' Silicon?

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on posting.....as we here in Mexico had some days off.....well I was taking some rest out.....

KenCo, I really apreciate that you are offering the lead and gladly take the challenge.

Team name: Well, team I really like the Smokin' Sillicon.....really catchy don't you think.

Spare parts......i do have some odd part here and there but the cost of shipping them to the USa will make them not cost effective, but to all of you USA residents list your parts and lets seen if someone can host a new rig for the duration of the race :D

Jorgen and me are planning on some new things for this race :D.....For my part I'll be firing my new rig (still waiing for some more tweaking to become a true monster) a AMD64 3200+ Venice on a DFI LAN Party NfForce 4 with 1 GB of Corsair 2.2.2.....might be th little puh we need to get the fisrt team :D :burn: :D

OK guys, my "Little" project has become a reality. We should begin seeing a "few"more credits out of me. he..he..he... snicker snicker

lol, every race someone seems to come up with "Smokin' Silicon". That's ok with me if everyone else likes it.

KenCo, I really apreciate that you are offering the lead and gladly take the challenge.
Great! Glad to have you as our fearless leader! ;)

Looks like we lost a little ground to Team A today, but because of the down time a lot of my production for today will show up tomorrow and we should gain back some ground.

OK guys, my "Little" project has become a reality. We should begin seeing a "few"more credits out of me. he..he..he... snicker snicker
Today 01:47 PM
Sounds great! That should really help us narrow that gap! ;)

I only have two machines crunching - the rest are Folding... for a few more minutes anyway LOL :D

I'll gather the info presented by Stryfe and see if I can get something to survey our most current production......fisrt results of my new rig :D :burn: :D.....it just did 23 WU (for 15-20 credits each) in the last 24 hours.....so that increased our production by 300 more credits each day.

SO far I have found that 5.3.1 claims a little more credit than the other versions....not sure if that's a better thing, but i'll keep it checked.

TC said:
I only have two machines crunching - the rest are Folding... for a few more minutes anyway LOL :D

[Monty Burns]Exxxxxxcellent![/Monty Burns]

Welcome back! :)

Mictlan said:
...fisrt results of my new rig .....it just did 23 WU (for 15-20 credits each) in the last 24 hours.....so that increased our production by 300 more credits each day.
Sounds awesome! :)

Back