• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDr1 vs DDr2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shades_of_Me

Well i guess what i want to know is how much performance increase would i be looking at gaining when going from 2gig ddr1 Pc3200 to 2gig ddr2 pc4300..is there any noticable performance increase....

probably negligable... but I am not super familiar with P4 systems so I will wait to see someone else's opinion.

It depends on the memory requirement of the program you are running. Most of today's software and games will not show any noticeable difference. On most apps and games, you'll only see about a 0% to 2.5% increase. Max increase around 5% to 7% on a few selected programs.

Although your memory bandwidth will increase about 36%, it offers very little performance increase with today's software. Perhaps in a couple years, programmers will utilize more memory bandwidth and this will change. For now, we don’t see much improvement.

Well it doesnt seem like there is much reason to upgrade that just yet then..thanks for helping to make up my mind...

Back