• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command and Conquer 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-Sap

One of the best RTS series continues tomorrow with C&C3.

Who else besides me can't wait for this to come out?

RedDragonXXX said:
I can't wait for it to come out on 360!

Only if it has keyboard and mouse support!

I wasn't a huge fan of the demo as it was too CnC generals like (I'm not a Generals hater, I just love classic CnC much more), but I still can't wait for it. Hopefully somebody like Deezire will bring out a 'CnC classic' gameplay mod for it.

I myself, can't wait for this game. The demo was brilliant and you really can go past the live-action cut scenes :)

9.0 from Gamespot and Editors Choice award

a 90/100 from PCGamer as well.

Guess they dont mind the similarity to CCGenerals.

I haven't played the demo. I am a fan of the onld C&C, but I am weary of anything with EA. I'll wait in till i get some player reviews. If i buy the game and EA does the booster pack stuff I'll snap, snap I say.

Yeah, considering their size EA has only released a handful of decent games in the past few years. Mind you, booster packs aside, they did manage to release Battlefield 2 - arguably the best multiplayer FPS ever made, so hopefully they might not have totally buggered CnC3 up.

shard said:

I trust gamespot reveiws as less then I trust EA. If you go to PC the first thing you see is two add for C&C.

I mean C&C Generals had a 8.9, that game was the biggest dissapointment in RTS. From what i have read this game plays a lot like it.
It seems very unbalanced.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying this game will suck. I really hope it is great. I have been wanting this game sense Firestorm.

As for EA making the best multiplayer FPS it was far from it in the tech aspect. If it was the best they would have to patch there patchs. If the game didn't take off EA would have left it unpatched and the game would have stayed a poor quality. I mean after Special Forces severs would freeze when you use the humv anti-veh rocket, boot everyone out of them game. The game still has bugs with people sitting in building and ranking up points EA rarely does a thing.

Once again I loved playing BF2 online. I only stopped playing after I bought Special Forces and then they put out the boosterpack and almost all the Special Forces severs switch to the booster pack.

Errr sorry I need to stop going into EA related threads.

I don't conisder Command & Conquer as much of an EA game as I do a classic series. EA normally takes a while to get things right (Zero Hour was what Generals should have originally been released as & BF2 patches galore).

The original C&C was one of the first games I ever played and I have become a huge fan of the series. The demo for C&C3 was great and am picking up a copy on my way home from school today.

I think a lot of the high scores are coming from the single player portion of it.

The nasty camera position is still what annoys me.

CnC is the same recycled game.

If you love CnC enough to repeat playing it for forever then you'd probably love the new CnC. If you get bored with it though but love RTS supreme commander would be your game. It's an endless game that will keep you entertained. It is designed to be open ended and modded so there's always new ways to play the engine.

just a few screenies...

mmm.. starting up the game.. beutifull green glow :D
pic1fr3.jpg

The pretty start menu.
pic2ye1.jpg

the attack on the 'evil white house'
pic3ni9.jpg

the animated movies are so well done..
pic4ju0.jpg

and finaly. the 'white house' :)=
pic5ru9.jpg

ill post a few more screenies if others dont have. i just need to progress a bit further into the game..

Back