• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBOX LIVE UPDATE!!! WOOT~!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats where your kinda wrong blackmage..

Adding MSN Live Messenger, a Marketplace Blade, Better DVD and CD Playback,

oh and not to mention

• Added H.264 video support: Up to 10 Mbps peak, Baseline, Main, and High profiles with 2 channel AAC LC.
  • Added MPEG-4 Part 2 video support: Up to 5 Mbps peak, Simple Profile with 2 channel AAC LC.

I think it's made the 360 even more sweeter the background download manager is finally here (need to enable it people under CONSOLE SETTINGS >> SHUTDOWN) the achievement notification improvment makes it better. The extra marketplace blade finally something that should of been out ages ago I think.

Need to test my DVD playback thou and even tells you the name of the game in your drive how nice just 1 thing they missed with messenger. Add and removing hotmail address' sure you can block them but I'd rather have a smaller list of people who I speak instead of loads of blocked ones as well.

Thing I like best is the improved VGA output. I gotta go try it out soon and see if it really doesn't look washed out any more (after changing menu settings).

There is actually a 3rd party mini-keyboard thing already out for the 360 that plugs into where the headset does now. Some 3rd party beat MS to the punch. There is also one for the PS3. I saw them at BestBuy last weekend. I didn't check the price, because that kind of thing doesn't really interest me. I HAVE used my usb keyboard for the 360 to enter in stuff, so I'd say a wireless would work too.

The new VGA fix is sweet for my LCD monitor i set it to "expanded" and it really brings out the colour.
The low power downloading works fine turning the 360 of when finished, even though in low power mode my fans are still fairly noisey i couldnt sleep with it in low power mode.

To be honest I don't think it goes into low power mode I think it just shuts down the power to the ariel connector. As it's sounds the same as when it's full power mode to me but it's good to knows that they've done something like that knowing ur downloading content then have to go out and you know it's still downloading.

I reckon's we'll see some improvements to Messenger over the next few months maybe silly smilies etc. And maybe add address and delete address feature I have to log onto my PC to add e-mail addy's as of right now.

Back