• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hamster Cage = Computer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

Well i was looking around my small room and wondering what can i make a computer case out of, then my hamster started to grind on the cage(very annoying) then an idea struck me, my hamsters cage is big enough to fit my abit motherboard and everything else, so now after i work for christmas i will buy another hamster cage and i'll make the right mods and i'll post a pic of the master piece, and im hoping its the first hamster cage computer cage.:D

this is what the cage looks like...

Should try and set it up so that a fan turns the wheel or something like that.

lol, im not gonna use any of the stuff like the wheel cause they are useless, im just gonna use the cage itself, it has 6 round holes which i will use for case fans, my question is what should i use to cut it, so i can make space for my cd-rom??the cage is plactic.

BinarySuperman said:
K i have a drill, cant i buy a piece that can do what the dremel does???

a dremel spins at 35000 rpm.. a drill is like a few hundard, i thought the same thing.. the dremel bit just wont do nething..
dremels are about 30-100 bucks.. there a great tool, well worth it.

the fan with the led is a very good idea, im also thinking about 2 neon lights on it, lol its gonng be the coolest and funniest case ever, i just hope my hamster wont get too jealous.

u could also mod teh CD rom so you can see teh disc spin(remove top) and put it in a big room exercise wheel! would be sweet.

yeah it would be a first and the coolest mod would make it liveable for a hamster! why buy another when one cage si enough for both and hamsters like the heat too.

What would really suck is if it started chewing on the wires... This is a very cool idea and it will cost a h*** of a lot less than biulding an Acrylic case!

Back