• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plug in ducting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WyrmMaster said:
Hey, now thats cool, would work well for me in the winter, but it would RAISE temps in the summer.:(
Get it while it's hot, er, cool! It's free for part of the year!:beer:

i bet you wish you had this!

i bet you wish you could get this out of a regular coolmaster!!!

he he he

im gettin that without a duct!!! hehehehe!

Last edited:
same thing different setup

I plan on takeing this all apart and showwing how I did it step by step but I got beat to it. The PVC pipe runs all the way under my home to the ground with a sheet of plastic to seal it off from earth dirt/moisture. Place about 6 to 10 1 inch holes about 5 inches from the ground around the pipe for intake and coverd with window screening and zip ties to keep the bugs out.
I plumbed thru my vent for winter and during the summer I will be capping of the bottom of the pipe and drillin new holes for the AC for my house to cool it....or I will just slide the pipe up till my original holes in the bottom are inside the duct work
ExposedVent.jpg
Ventcover.jpg
Squirlcage.jpg
Funnel.jpg
Load.JPG
NoLoad.JPG

anybody got anything to report on condensation? I tend to be a bit worried and remove the pipe from the comp when it rains...anybody?

This would never work in my area. It would raise temps, even now in the middle of winter (It's a sunny 75 outside my window right now). In summer it would be terrible (110f average). I have been eying my window mounted refrigeration unit for some time though.... hmmmm.....

Massivly cool mod though (yes, I know it's a lame pun)

Back