• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Error Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeoCar

Registered
HI All
I'm new and I am not sure if this is the correct Forum.
This one of the Blue Screen Errors and wondered if someone out there could take a look and tell me what up..
TIA
GeoCar

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 7/1/2010
Time: 1:54:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RETIRED-W603QPV
Description:
Error code 10000050, parameter1 e6eaf000, parameter2 00000001, parameter3 bf8bdfe9, parameter4 00000001.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 65 36 eters e6
0030: 65 61 66 30 30 30 2c 20 eaf000,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 31 00000001
0040: 2c 20 62 66 38 62 64 66 , bf8bdf
0048: 65 39 2c 20 30 30 30 30 e9, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 31 0001

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is the error you received. This is usually related to memory. I need to know specifics on the computer before giving advice.

All I have is the info that is in the Error Msg.
As I said, without knowing more about the computer itself (computer specifications), I can't really help. You could grab Memtest, burn the ISO to a disk and boot from it. Let it run a few passes to see if there are any failures. If there are, your memory is probably failing.

I have tried one but it is a Data Viz program and will not run. I'll keep trying.
Thanks

I have tried one but it is a Data Viz program and will not run. I'll keep trying.
Thanks

Geo,

You need to check your RAMs without entering your operating system. That's why Thideras suggested Memtest86 from a boot disk.

Reply to help Msgs.

I have been trying all of the Info. that I can but I keep getting Hang Ups 12 this morning. I have had to use all three "Users" to get this far.
The other two will not let me get online and stay there. I've had to either log off or reboot This "user" has let me stay on the longest, as you can see.If I don't respond right away it is not because I'm not trying.
I want to thank all of you for what you have given and also what I will get.

THANK YOU

GeoCar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Were you able to boot the Memtest disk? If so, were there any failures (outlined in red)?

Geo,

You need to check your RAMs without entering your operating system. That's why Thideras suggested Memtest86 from a boot disk.

GeoCar> How can I get all of the system data? I have used "system" from the Control Panel but that doesn't have all you asking for. This computer started as a Gateway. In the shop, that I bought it from, there was changes made that I am not sure of. So if there is a way to get all the info. please let me know.
TIA

I have ordered the MemTest Deluxe CDv4.0 Delux. I'm sure there is a way to DL this now that I bought it but I'm not able to.

Why did you buy it? It is available for download on their website at no cost...

Why did you buy it? It is available for download on their website at no cost...

From what I understood the "Paid For" program had a much more intensive test. It was $15.00 and I didn't think that was too much if these guys had to develope and revise the program to keep it current. I'm of the type that everyone must make money to stay in business.

From what I understood the "Paid For" program had a much more intensive test. It was $15.00 and I didn't think that was too much if these guys had to develope and revise the program to keep it current. I'm of the type that everyone must make money to stay in business.

You got scammed dude. Log on to another computer and download memtest from the link posted. When you finally download an boot from it, run it for at least 4 hours or until you start seeing red lines that say "Error".

The more you use your computer in an unstable state, there is a higher likelihood for data loss and OS damage. That said, I highly suggest you stop booting into windows until you find the problem and take corrective action.

BTW, welcome to the forums :welcome:

*img removed, that's no way to welcome someone new. - imog, forum admin*

Last edited by a moderator:
doublefacepalm.jpg

You got scammed dude. Log on to another computer and download memtest from the link posted. When you finally download an boot from it, run it for at least 4 hours or until you start seeing red lines that say "Error".

The more you use your computer in an unstable state, there is a higher likelihood for data loss and OS damage. That said, I highly suggest you stop booting into windows until you find the problem and take corrective action.

BTW, welcome to the forums :welcome:

GeoCar>> Thanks for the welcome.
I ran the Memtest and one of the 1GB Memory sticks had many many error messages. I removed it and ran the other 1G Memory and after 2 passes it had one, both occuring in the same test same address. I'm now using 2 256 memory that I checked out and with each 2 passes no error messages.
Now is there a way to isolate this one address. If I can't should I use it knowing that the one address is bad?

GeoCar>> Thanks for the welcome.
I ran the Memtest and one of the 1GB Memory sticks had many many error messages. I removed it and ran the other 1G Memory and after 2 passes it had one, both occuring in the same test same address. I'm now using 2 256 memory that I checked out and with each 2 passes no error messages.
Now is there a way to isolate this one address. If I can't should I use it knowing that the one address is bad?

Geo,

The RAMs are faulty, there is nothing you can do about it. They should be replaced or RMA'sd if you can do that. One error constitures "Bad RAM." Don't use it unless you enjoy reinstalling your operating system and programs. If your system runs with 2 x 256, use them as an interim.

If you want to replace them, list your OS system and hardware and we can make suggestions for new RAMs if you choose to buy a pair.

Geo,

The RAMs are faulty, there is nothing you can do about it. They should be replaced or RMA'sd if you can do that. One error constitures "Bad RAM." Don't use it unless you enjoy reinstalling your operating system and programs. If your system runs with 2 x 256, use them as an interim.

If you want to replace them, list your OS system and hardware and we can make suggestions for new RAMs if you choose to buy a pair.

I/m getting a new computer delivered tomorrow. Have installed 2 256 MB. So I will live with this very slow machine till then.
NEW Computer is
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-310t PC
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 quad-core processor [2.8GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache]
• 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB
• 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
• 512MB ATI Radeon HD 5450 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]
• LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
• Integrated Ethernet port, No wireless LAN
• 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio
• Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
• HP wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse
• Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010
• Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 3 year
• Adobe Premiere Elements & Photoshop Elements 8
• Quicken Deluxe 2010