• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recent Performance-Pcs experiance...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zagi

First off I'll say that in the past I've had good experiences with Performance-Pcs.com... I've had problems with orders from them in the past, but they were always quick to fix the issue.

Last week however, I ordered a pump from them. In the description it clearly said "fixed 10mm, 3/8" fittings". Well, when it arrived, it had no barbs and was instead threaded for g1/8" fittings. I politely emailed them, thinking perhaps the manufacturer had changed the product without notifying them (or something like that). They were quick to email back and said they were unaware of any changes, and would check the pumps.

Later I received an email from them saying "It is mentions on the page that it has a "Fixed 10mm 1/8" fitting" not 3/8". there is also an option and bottom of page for G 1/8" to G 1/4" adapters which you did not choose". I thought, "What? Did I really read it wrong?" So I checked the website HERE ....Sure enough it shows 10mm 1/8", with the optional adapters. It just didn't seem right though, so checked the cached page on Google HERE (I've never tired linking a cached page, so if for some reason it doesnt work you can view a screenshot of the cached page HERE).

They changed the website since I emailed them about the problem. :sly: And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 10mm still ~3/8"? They have offered to RMA the pump, but I believe I'm going to be charged a restocking fee. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, but it just feels dirty. Thoughts?

Last edited:
10mm is 3/8"

1/8" is closer to 3mm

Sounds like something got crossed when you complained about the wrong sizes. It is possible something was changed and they tried to backpedal but overlooked 10mm

That's sheetee.

I've order XSPC GPU blocks from Performance-PC.com and they gave me the crappiest barbs with it.

Hell FrozenCPU.com gave me way better barbs with XSPC CPU block.

They've now told me that their website was "changed long ago"... I really don't enjoy sounding rude, but someone is lying. Either the person sending the emails, or whoever is giving that person information. Because their page was only changed a couple days ago... and heck even as I'm typing this it's still wrong...

I don't see why its worth lying to a customer over a $35 pump. Its not like I'm trying to stiff them either, I just want to return it and purchase a different model. :shrug:

Submitting the RMA tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

So here's how it ended. I sent the pump back to them (at my expense) and chose store credit to avoid the 20% restocking fee on returns. Then ordered a different pump.

Basically, it all boils down to me losing a couple weeks time and paying 2 extra shipping charges. C'est la vie

I don't see why its worth lying to a customer over a $35 pump. Its not like I'm trying to stiff them either, I just want to return it and purchase a different model. :shrug:

Because typical customers won't know or know how to check. They usually have nothing to gain by telling the truth. In many cases, people will lie automatically (I worked for someone who did), even when it's completely unnecessary! :rolleyes: This is, sadly, the way of things in corporate america. Put on a good face, then plunge the knife in deeper.

Back