• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Need budget headset suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JackNSally

I am in need of a headset. I bought a cheapo one and well, cheapo headset is cheap.

Looking to spend the least amount of money possible but not getting crap. I am looking at some already. These and these.

Would you recommend any of these? Other suggestions? I'm leaning towards using newegg because I have some credit from the cheapo headphones I would like to use towards it.

EDIT: Max price is $50, but if ill be just as happy with a $25 set that would be best

Klipsch Image S3. I got mine for $20 on sale. You'll need a cheap adapter (less than $5) to use the microphone part on a normal sound card.

Thanks for the suggestion but I should of said I also can't stand earbuds/anything sticking in my ears

For your price range I would look at these,
Audio Technica ATH-M30 - $40

Of course you see it does not include a mic, but that would be the best QUALITY for that range IMO. If you are dead set on headset I suppose the siberias would be the way to go, as Razer's quality control is essentially non-existent and they are a laughing stock due to such poor qc. I WOULD say the 5H v2 would be good for you, but they are notorious for the earcups to simply "stop working" as so many would put it, thus I fall back on the siberia v2's on your link, assuming you don't check out my link above.

I have a pretty extensive experience with several headphones and headsets that are on the market, but none at under the $50 price point you are looking for.

Closest to the range would be the siberias you had previously listed. But, if those plantronics are anything like the "higher end" Plantronics, then they are utter garbage. (I'm assuming)

I used to have some plantronics gamecom 380s. Very very comfortable on my large head. Also very durable. To me they sounded better than my logitech g930s I replaced them with so I could go wireless. I handed them down to my nephew (12) and he has been using them for more than a year so I know they are quite durable as he is rough on them.

That being said, a few months back I bought a pair of sennheiser hd598s, and none of the plantronics, Logitech, turtle beach etc I've owned over the years even come close. My advise is save up and buy good ones now, it will save you money in the long run.

Got the siberia's. Saving up for a really good headset now. Thanks for the help

Back