• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your work stations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how do u set up multiple monitor? do i need to have separate systems or its connected to one?

You need a graphics card (or several cards) capable of it.. All the current 68xx and 69xx AMD cards will run 3 screens minimal I believe... Eyefinity is the name of the technology..

DeskSetup.jpg

Needless to say I'm in need of some cable management as well...

Like the setup, nice desk.

how do u set up multiple monitor? do i need to have separate systems or its connected to one?

You need a video card that supports multiple monitors. Most of them do nowadays. :D
With nVidia you're looking for Eyefinity setups and if you prefer nVidia; you're looking for Surround View setups.
AMD has the advantage that you can run triple monitors (and/or more) with a single card (some even allow up to six monitors on one card); whereas nVidia cards only allow up to two monitors per card for Surround View (you can have three on one card, but it won't be in Surround View).

You need a video card that supports multiple monitors. Most of them do nowadays. :D
With nVidia you're looking for Eyefinity setups and if you prefer nVidia; you're looking for Surround View setups.
AMD has the advantage that you can run triple monitors (and/or more) with a single card (some even allow up to six monitors on one card); whereas nVidia cards only allow up to two monitors per card for Surround View (you can have three on one card, but it won't be in Surround View).

just to rectify the typo as it reads confusing.

AMD (ati) = eyefinity
nvidia = surround view

thanks

I can't say this about many of the other desks, Killahurtz, but I'm seriously jealous of that monitor and speaker setup. Good choice on the speakers, I'm running the Monitor 40s myself. :thup:

thanks for the compliments...always a work in progress! those 40's are very simmilar I think

Here's my upgraded workstation. Got a new desk, new monitor, and two new cases since the last time I posted mine here.

DSCN2059 edit.JPG

Awesome rigs. How come some of you look like your in a small room made of plywood and or have your rigs set up in the garage? Just curious. Once I get a chance I will post pics of my current gaming area.

You can ADMIRE the amazing Corsican landscape!

Attachments

• IMG_20120331_101018.jpg
    IMG_20120331_101018.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 406
Back