• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command and Conquer 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My thoughts so far is that its a good game. Single player is really fun and I've only played the GDI side so far. Multiplayer is nice when it works but the disconnects really get old but they seem to be fixing that. I have seen an interesting thing where players know the exact line that anti-enemy guns stop at but I guess that was only a matter of time though. I give it a week and this will be a really, really good game.

Having EA people in the game lobbies every night so far but this weekend has been very nice to see. It's too bad you always get the "THIS GAME SUCKS" spammers but at least the DV's are trying to help.

Playing through the GDI campaign and i think its really fun, fast paced and doesnt get bogged down like Supreme Commander but SC is by far the superior stratergy game but that doesn mean C&C isnt good they just different style.
Played a skirmish with the new faction absolutly metal units and buildings.

Sadly, I don't think we are ever going to get to play a Starcraft 2. :( but I still have my fingers crossed! Anyway, I'm downloading the C&C 3 demo right now. I'm going to take a guess and say there is a Red Alert 3 coming, yes? :)

I'm getting a kick out of the game so far. I just finished the GDI campaign, with only 2 complaints. The first is that those scrin carriers are tough to kill (especially on the last mission). The other thing that bothered me was when I took over a Temple of Nod, about 30 seconds before it would be launched. Unfortunately, the nuke still hit me even though I controlled the building. Good thing all the superweapons didn't hit anything major, like my construction yard.

I'd say that Sarajevo was my favorite mission (very easy, lots of room, and lots of targets). I certainly feel like the game was money well spent.

Lots of Firehawks, with the anti air loadout do great against them. Also mammoth tanks do real well, the biggest problem I found was that they had range on all my guys and if I missed the "under attack" warning all my guys died.

One of the best things about C&C games was that they were build as singleplayer first so the story line is done well and with C&C the cutscenes are well done, and rts games lend themselves well to multiplayer so you don't need much tweaking to the game.

and here I was thinking I was the only person in the WORLD that was stoked about this game. the original c&c was the first video game I ever played. mmm maybe second, I can't remember if prince of persia came before or after... and now that I think about it, it was probably first, so c&c was the 2nd game I ever played, and I've been in LOVE with it ever since. Generals made me vomit. Period. It was the biggest departure/mistake in the series, and I'd almost lost faith until I saw demos on youtube, and soon thereafter d/l'd the demo, and too be honest I've probably logged a good 50+ hours on it. This is what generals should have been... none of that cartoony crap. And I'll admit it... the cheesy cut scenes are one of my favorite parts. :D (Can still remember the Obelisk of Light and Flame Tank vid's from the original.... :D )

I, however, being the poor college student I am, have yet to actually buy it. =(

But I'll tell you one thing EA did right...

The Ion Cannon. It's the best superweapon/effect of any rts EVER. >=D

So play it hard for me gentlemen. (and ladies if any are present.)

One thing that always bugged me about C&C games was the lack of an "attack/walk" mode.

In starcraft, you could press "A" & click on the map when a few units were selected, this would say "go over here & kill anything that gets in your way".

When playing C&C, the selected units will walk "there" but they will run right past the enemy (a bit annoying).

Does this C&C have some sort of "attack/walk" mode or is it still a unit by unit click'fest?

yessir. there is indeed a move/attack stance (there's multiple stances which address these kind of issues, such as defend by remaining stationary and attacking whatever comes into range, or attacking whatever comes into range and continuing to persue, etc.... all useful in my opinion.)

So the answer to your question is yes, they do have an attack/move stance. :)

you could force attack by holding ctrl, and the units naturally attacked whatever came into their radius (kinda auto-defense stance) but that was it for the early ones. Although I'm a little hazy on RA, even though I played it like crazy =\

I suppose I could go dig up the cd's and re-install everything... :D:D:D that's actually sounding kinda temping for the c&c freak in me.... >:D

There is a mode similar to Attack + A of the Blizzard RTS games, at the bottom left corner you'll see a few stances your units can be in. One of them is called Aggressive. Basically, whereever you move your units will always be on alert for enemy units and attack at the sight of any enemy building or unit.

Is this playable on a 2ghz 1 gig of ram Pentium M laptop with a 128 meg ATI 9600 Mobility card?

Is the camera control any better on the retail version?

What was wrong with the camera control in the demo? Worked fine for me...

Is this playable on a 2ghz 1 gig of ram Pentium M laptop with a 128 meg ATI 9600 Mobility card?

Yes it is.

System requirements Minimum

* Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 bit)
* 2.0 GHz or higher, or AMD equivalent / Windows Vista 2.2 GHz
* 512 MB RAM or more / Windows Vista 1 GB RAM or more
* 8x or faster DVD drive
* 6.0 GB or more of free space
* GeForce 4 Ti series, ATI Radeon 8500 or greater video card
* DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Back