• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MountainMods cases if he decides to go with a all internal clean looking system

No way to get a clean looking system with Mountain Mods. I like their cases, but they are plain looking, and have no way to hide wires for cable management like most cases. You get a little motherboard tray to hide everything.

Also with Mountain Mods and Case Labs, you have to build the case. Call me naive, but if I'm spending 500-700 on a case, it should come pre-built.

Last edited:
If I am going Tri or Quad high-end GPUs, if its not a 900D, you better believe I am grabbing a CaseLabs. There are ways to keep it nice and clean plus you'll need lots of room for rads depending on the setup you're aiming for. Obviously quiet is the way to go if going H20. It just comes down to personal preference in the end.

For the record, DD has been gone for more than 2-3 years now the minimum. Don't know the exact date.

From what I have read Case Labs are top notch build quality, but expect to pay for it. If you add on some of the options and rad mounts. You do have to build some of them yourself. You have to buy the rad mounts separately. I wish they would offer more colors. Shipping prices are really high, at least for me, but they are based in California.

This is for a STH10

2014-07-26_11-23-23.jpg

I don't see how they can justify their high shipping prices. I ordered a 900D from Amazon yesterday. I already have an Amazon store card, but if you applied for an Amazon Visa, you got a 70.00 immediate gift card.

I paid 20.99 for next day delivery, which was a Saturday, for 20.99. This is from Phoenix to Daytona for a 51 pound case. Fed Ex charges by dimensions now, which was like 30 x 12 x 32. There is no way that Amazon gets that kind of discount. They have to be losing money on shipping. I've paid 35.00 for the same case dimensions, ground shipping.

Absolutely not....they suck. I thought they would be good too, but I have had two, and they are made of the flimsiest aluminum you will ever see. Installing RAM causes the motherboard area to push in two inches. Do NOT even consider this case or anything from them. The case weighs like 20 pounds if that tells you how sturdy it is.

I bought a 900D to replace the Lil Devil case and am considering returning it for a Case Labs case.

I bought a 900D to replace the Lil Devil case and am considering returning it for a Case Labs case.

:confused: Already?!!! :rofl: I thought you couldn't stand their pricing?

I think you'd like the Case Labs cases if you went that route. I've also heard they can be flimsy as well but I don't think they would weight 20lbs. Alot of great builds with them cases out there.

Ill take your word for it if youve owned it, i sure havent. But thats 4 pounds heavier than my lian li (full tower, almost as big) and ive never had structure issues with that, ive even pulled out some of the supports to make more room.

900d will be my cheap way out.. Not sure if i want that... I been really thinking about the TX-10 but not sure if i reallllly want to get something as big.. Maybe a TH10 is all i need

I don't see how they can justify their high shipping prices. I ordered a 900D from Amazon yesterday. I already have an Amazon store card, but if you applied for an Amazon Visa, you got a 70.00 immediate gift card.

I paid 20.99 for next day delivery, which was a Saturday, for 20.99. This is from Phoenix to Daytona for a 51 pound case. Fed Ex charges by dimensions now, which was like 30 x 12 x 32. There is no way that Amazon gets that kind of discount. They have to be losing money on shipping. I've paid 35.00 for the same case dimensions, ground shipping.

Isn't there anything other than FedEx? USPS?

900d will be my cheap way out.. Not sure if i want that... I been really thinking about the TX-10 but not sure if i reallllly want to get something as big.. Maybe a TH10 is all i need

Oh my goodness. That's my dream case if I ever had 2 systems I needed space for with a full blown H20 system for both sides. Main window side would be the everyday use and gaming rig on water and other side would be some server and folding type system. :drool:

TH10 would be great for a single water cooled system.

Here's a great video I've seen numerous times I can't get over of.

900D has horrible airflow.

:facepalm: You sure you know what you're talking about? :rofl:

The 900D is an open case design. It has more than enough air flow needed. I think you might be mixing up the 800D. I own both of them and would agree on the 800D being crappy airflow because it is. Day and night difference.

P.S.- FedEx is Overpriced! I ususally go USP 3 days but regardless if you do fast shipping I would still go with UPS/USPS.

I believe Case Labs only option for cases was Fed Ex. Not quite sure yet on the 900D or Case Labs. Fed Ex is always cheaper than UPS. C'mon, UPS is union and Fed Ex is not and Fed Ex only has part time workers at their hubs.

I believe Case Labs only option for cases was Fed Ex. Not quite sure yet on the 900D or Case Labs. Fed Ex is always cheaper than UPS. C'mon, UPS is union and Fed Ex is not and Fed Ex only has part time workers at their hubs.

I am just going off of the pricing I get from my midwest location. :D FedEx is WAY more in most cases unless its a free shipping promotion.

Its just that for the price of a case lab i can have a fully built 900d and i may use 2 cards instead of 4 for now

But even with 4 the 900d should be more than enough right? Btw my room temp is 70f ~24c

indeed it has - you should seek out the Owners club on the "other" board.

Meanwhile specs: http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Primo.html

Liquid Cooling
120mm radiator
Front Up to 240
Top Up to 480
Side Up to 240 (w/o HDD cages)
Rear 120
Bottom Up to 480 (MONSTA + Fans in p/p)

140mm radiator
Front -
Top Up to 420
Side -
Rear 140
Bottom Up to 280 (MONSTA + Fans in p/p)

Not to mention the FAN HUB, which accepts PWM input to Voltage control +10 Voltage (2/3pin) Fans
The fan hub alone makes it an interesting buy because can go beyond the 8 fan PWM limit while using "cheaper" non-PWM fans.

Back