• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 x64 Lag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then something is loading with Windows.

Try unchecking third party startup progs to see if the problem is still there:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_run_in_startup.html

I rebooted into normal mode and done a 'process of elimination' by disabling individual services with restarts I between with no luck :/ even with all disabled. It still lagged which probably means its a driver issue, yet all the drivers are official from either the ASUS website or manufacturer website for other hardware

If you can boot safemode and the "lagging" stops its pointing to a software problem. It also doesnt sound like it would be driver related since you said that the "lagging" didn't start till a day or 2 after you installed windows, this is assuming you had installed all your drivers and it was working fine up to this point.
Try and backtrack what you were doing/installed up to the point you notice it started to lag.

I would still check the Event Viewer.

This should be the first thing done to rule out a hardware issue. Just because you can boot into safemode and the lagging goes away, does not rule out a harddrive with bad blocks for example.

Back