• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great photos; especially that portrait.

School is back in session here in NC. This was walking in on the first day.

70D, EF-S 18-135mm IS @ 18mm, f/3.5, 1/2000, ISO 100

15049025585_0c3a2bbd8a_b.jpg Back to School! by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Very active northern lights last night. This was shot with my 28mm Nikkor, which loves to put halos around lights, but I like it anyway. Tungsten white balance.

DSC_1274.jpg

Oh my god :drool:

I haven't seen the northern lights since I was 12 living in Mississauga.
Yep, I saw them in the city - very rare made the news too :p

Damn nice shot.

Great shot of the Northern Lights, OW! I haven't seen them in years, but that's partly because I don't stay up that late.

Was camping in Wisconsin for a few days. The place I was at was right on the water (well, 20 feet from it anyway). All along the shore there were these funky looking spider webs, looking a lot like small balloons, about 8-12 inches long.

IMG_2647.jpg

Upon closer inspection, I see thousands of little babies inside. Turns out, Mamma was lurking very close by.

IMG_2639.jpg

I really don't think she was too happy with me.

IMG_2753.jpg

All shot with my 60D, Sigma 105mm macro, and flash

This was home for a few days. The weather was horrible, to be honest. I think we got almost 3 inches of rain Friday night, and it rained lightly to moderately the whole time, but it really didn't matter to me. It was just good to get away for a while. Rain sleeves for the camera and rain gear were required. This was during a short, mostly dry break Saturday morning before a planned photoshoot, which didn't go as well as we'd hoped. If you look closely around the tent, at about 1:00, you can just make out one of the spider nurseries.

60D, EF 16-35L @ 16mm, f/8, ISO 800, 1/60sec
IMG_2769.jpg

Went to do a little Labor Day barbecuing today, walked outside and found this lil guy sitting on the barbecue. So I had to take a shot.

IMG_4404a.jpg

Had more aurora last night, so I used my 50mm Nikkor on it for the first time this year.

DSC_1439.jpg

Love it keep them coming OW.

+1!

Crazy good macro shots DnB. Terrifying too!

I love having a museum membership; we go whenever we feel like it and it's such a cool place. Anyway, the big challenge is finding something new to shoot each time. So I tried something different...an abstract movement shot from the museum's little train. I can't decide whether color or B&W is better, so here are both.

70D, EF-S 18-135mm IS @ 25mm, f/16, 0.6 sec, ISO 100, no flash

15108916051_5f8503c24e_b.jpg Through the Woods by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

15111556202_d0ae836a0c_b.jpg Through The Woods B&W by hokiealumnus, on Flickr

Here's a shot from yesterday's action. I'm not nearly the photographer you all are, but I am the grill bleepin' master. Lol happy Labor Day all.

Attachments

• 20140831_171707.jpg
    20140831_171707.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 58
Back