• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Game The Witcher 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hellsgrandad

Hi all, tried installing this on my laptop, (yes the one I can't change) despite running the compatibility wizard the game and the various patches will not load although the game in both the windows folders and on the hdd, any ideas/suggestions greatly received.
Thanks to all for the help with trying to change the BIOS, even tried installing Win 7 on a separate hdd and putting that in laptop, access denied as stated no boot device detected, AMD really have ensured you can't tamper with bios/uefi settings.
Cheers.

What do you mean by the game will not load? Does it give errors? What happens, exactly?

Specs of laptop?

EDIT: Ah, found your other thread. I was wondering if it was old intel igp, or something. As thideras said, we don't have nearly enough info to troubleshoot it. Please provide more :)

Last edited:
the Witcher 1

Hi, laptop specs are; AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.50GHz,
4.00 GB memory (3.44GB usable) 500GB HDD, 64 bit running Win 8.1.

Error messages are; Please install TWEE ( the witcher enhanced edition)before installing %p, when I try and install the upgrade it loads then I click yes to install, screen goes "dark" then nothing and screen returns to "normal" colour. Patch 1.4 which is the upgrade from Premier edition (which I have) to Enhanced edition, once downloaded runs but after EULA message which I agree message appears stating; The language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your system was not found. Download the relevant language pack also the following message appears;
SetupNEW\setup.cpp(135)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
S
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (9200) IE 11.0.9600.17239

Hope the above helps and thanks again for the help.

Back