• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABS M1, 19.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does Filco/elitekeyboards.com make (or have they previously made) a board with blank keys and Black switches?

Does Filco/elitekeyboards.com make (or have they previously made) a board with blank keys and Black switches?

It's possible to special-order boards from 'em, so I imagine you could get one in your desired configuration, even though it's not specifically listed on the site. They do have black switch keyboards (the Majestouch N-key Rollover) and also blank keycaps, so it probably wouldn't be a big deal for them to combine the two for you.

I've decided the review on the OP board make it not worth the gamble, but haven't found anything but great reviews for the Majestouch Filco stuff, so went ahead and dropped a wad of bills on the Linear Force. Also got a set of blank keys, just for WTF value, since I don't ever look at the keyboard when I type anyway.

Last edited:
I just picked up another used Model-M (p/n 1391404, May 1989) with the detachable PS/2 cable for $14 last weekend. All it needs is a scrubbing of the top with 409 and a brush and it will be clean enough for me. I still say a used Model M is the way to go for a solid and bulletproof mechanical keyboard, provided you can find one for cheap enough. Buckling spring keyswitches ftw.

Guesstimation says that by the time of restocking the deal will be over.

Mine came today.
Typed on typeracer.com for a bit.
Still adjusting to it from Logitech UltraX, a scissors-switch keyboard.
It's so loud. O_O The construction is very sturdy and relatively high quality.

Mine came today.
Typed on typeracer.com for a bit.
Still adjusting to it from Logitech UltraX, a scissors-switch keyboard.
It's so loud. O_O The construction is very sturdy and relatively high quality.

I just got mine today too and I totally agree. It's very loud, but its very well constructed. I don't mind it too much.

Haven't tested it in any games yet, but for $20 it seems quite nice other than the loud clicks.

I got mine and my god it is LOUD but it feels nice. Unlike my Logitech keyboard, I seem to type more actuate due to it's raised keys vs the scissor keys on the Logitech. Too bad there is a chance I may not use it because I do know I can wake the whole house if i'm typing papers at like 1AM.

key feel is not unlike the deck, but it is substantially louder. the sound is not a mechanical sound, it's something else. Every mechanical I've ever used had a metal click, this sounds like something they designed into the board to make more noise.

The sound is very loud. It almost sounds like an "echo" after you strike a key. Like the sound is stuck resonating inside its shell. If I opened it up and filled any gaps it would probably quiet down.

Either way, I like it more than my two logitech keyboards (Media Pro and G15) and my Microsoft Digital media 3000.

Back