• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Fan collection picture thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mud - the Nidec is definitely more powerful than the EHE. Stats say 220cfm, which puts it pretty much smack between the EHE and the San Ace monster fans. I'll hook the tach to my computer later today and compare rpm at full throttle.

Wow, those Servo fans are as expensive as my Beast, xXSebaSXx.:eek:

Link to The Beast.

Lenny, that Beta looks to be pretty bad *** itself. How does it compare to the Delta EHE?

:shock:

I've seen pics of that thing before... I think Navig had two of them on a HS once... Why on earth would one need two of them in push/pull is beyond me, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't do it....

That "beast" is quite the fan... I could not help but notice one thing though....

Your "Beast" -> 300CFM & 480Pa
My "Nidec" -> 260CFM & 520Pa

How can it be that a 38mm fan spinning at around the same rpms as the 76mm fan gets more "oooomph"?

The fins just after the blades go a long way towards increasing pressure.
If the beast had two sets of them it would have a lot of pressure.

Another thing I've noticed about compound fans like The Beast, is that they seem to put out a more coherent and straight airflow than a focused flow fan, and this is something I noticed with the Delta GFB I used to own too. You can feel them blowing much further across the room than a single impeller fan. And the "dead spot" is pretty much non-existent with the compound fans too. I guess something about the way 1 fan feeds into the other makes the airflow concentrate into the middle more or something. And I have noticed this with the GFB and the Beast ,as well as a little 40 mm compound screamer that someone sent me to play with.

Could also have something to do with the sheer depth of the fan frame and how the air is channelled.

Another thing I've noticed about compound fans like The Beast, is that they seem to put out a more coherent and straight airflow than a focused flow fan, and this is something I noticed with the Delta GFB I used to own too. You can feel them blowing much further across the room than a single impeller fan. And the "dead spot" is pretty much non-existent with the compound fans too. I guess something about the way 1 fan feeds into the other makes the airflow concentrate into the middle more or something. And I have noticed this with the GFB and the Beast ,as well as a little 40 mm compound screamer that someone sent me to play with.

Blowers do even better, thats why they put them in a furnace!

Bah!

~40 Delta AFB1212VHEs
another 12? different version Delta's
20+ Scythe 38mm 3k's
12 120x38mm AC powered fans.
and I dont even want to guess how many assorted 120mm fans I have in boxes.

Then again, I fully admit, I am a hoarder. The chances of my NOT having the stuff I need? small. The chances of my having 5x the amount of stuff I need? 90%

*trips over a box of parts and is promptly crushed by the resulting avalanche*

picpic
picpic
picpic
picpic
picpicpicpicpic
picpicpicpic
picpicpic
picpic
pic

:pics:

pic
picpic
picpicpic
picpicpicpic
picpicpicpicpic
picpic
picpic
picpic
picpic​

bing,
I was curious....
how does the 3 bladed nidec if it's compared with the popular delta "FFC",
in noise/performance?

That 3 blades nidec can't beat that Delta FFx series when it comes to static pressure.

I believe this kind of 3 blades fan is more suitable for moving air without the need for high punch power like for case fan, the noise profile is better than that jet turbine like FFx series, much less whoosing sound for my ears.

My little collection....

25mm thick
201104fans2.jpg

38mm thick
201104fans1.jpg

That's 3568 CFM just in the Delta's, San Ace's, and Adda's :rofl:

San. Ace 9SG1212P1G01 6000rpm 260cfm 1.37inH2O/240Pa 64dB 400gr
Servo G1238B12BBZP-00 6300rpm 261cfm 2.09inH2O/520Pa 67dB 480gr

Two bad *** metal frame fans with the 0-100% pwm controller made by inVain.

View attachment 99384

Back