• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling will never be a problem!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanSr

I just got my windtunnel fans in, and I got one of them mounted.
check out the size of this thing next to my 2 80mm.

I have 3 more to mount but I don't think I'm going to put them all on this case.

at least one more is going in the bottom front to get rid of my ugly case mod:)

235 cfm blowin in, all my 80's blowin out:)

the one thats going in the front will be blowing out also

oh yeah what'd you use for power? I'm guessing of just cutting and splicing a regular HDD power plug adapter and using that?

Or is there something special I have to do?

Wiseass said:
oh yeah what'd you use for power? I'm guessing of just cutting and splicing a regular HDD power plug adapter and using that?

Or is there something special I have to do?

all I did was connect a red and black wire drill another hole, and splice into the 80's that were already there.

its not really that loud either, it sounds like the delta 38 hit puberty:)

oyea the grill is black aluminum mesh from an auto parts store.
its just a bad pic.

Nicely done!

7 120s here :)

Each one blows in 131 cfms.

4 blowing in, 3 120s and 2 92s and one turbo bay cooler blowing out.

524cfms blowing in 580 cfms blowing out

Never hit 2 degrees F over room temp even at full load

Last edited:
I haven't had the time to really test it by gaming, "since I was up till 3am moding it:)" but it still idles at 26C and doing norton virus scan and websurfing it hit 31C.

I know I need to pull some more air out, I'm going to cut the bottom fan out and place another monster fan down there pulling air out.

I also put on the Borb along with duel 80mm card blower and the cyclone under it pullin out on my Herc profit 2gts. I had my ramdac hittin 420 and still had alot of room to spare:) I wish I had something to get a good temp reading.

AlanSr said:
I haven't had the time to really test it by gaming, "since I was up till 3am moding it:)" but it still idles at 26C and doing norton virus scan and websurfing it hit 31C.

I know I need to pull some more air out, I'm going to cut the bottom fan out and place another monster fan down there pulling air out.

I also put on the Borb along with duel 80mm card blower and the cyclone under it pullin out on my Herc profit 2gts. I had my ramdac hittin 420 and still had alot of room to spare:) I wish I had something to get a good temp reading.

Do what I did and grab a Digital Doc 5

Gotta be pretty loud, but you get used to it. Either that, or we're all going deaf. I kinda like the hum. every so often when I get back from work, I'll stand outside my room with the door still closed, and listen to my system hum, for about 5-10 secs. I just like the sound of it.

And you aircoolin' boys think us watercoolin' guys are daffy! Damn, does that thing fly yet?

funny you said that, cuz my wife asked me if I need to bolt it down so it doesn't fly away:)

BUT IT SOUNDS MANLY!!!!:)

Back