• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

StarCraft II Closed Beta is OUT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know how to micromanage...I'll just need to get back up to speed, literally.

Other than that...Anything else I should know?

Something weird with the Blizzard downloader. Even though my DL is only going at 260kb/s (I DL @ 1.3MB/s on steam) my entire internet slows down to a SNAILS PACE.

Any ideas?

you dont download the file from their servers its kinda like a bittorrent client so the ppl your leeching from must have bad upload speeds.

I figured out the issue...I was uploading at my maximum limit of 260kb/s! I disabled peer2peer in the options and it stopped. My DL speed went up to 800kb/s too.

I can't believe they didn't make some sort of ability to limit bandwidth on it...

played one match lastnight man i was sssooo rusty i didnt remember what none of the buildings did lol... but i still won :) the guy forfited

played one match lastnight man i was sssooo rusty i didnt remember what none of the buildings did lol... but i still won :) the guy forfited

I've been playing against the AI just to get some of the rust out. Sucks I can only choose "very easy" for the AI:screwy:

Woot! Downloading my beta client now. Since I figured out I needed to disable the p2p, I've only got about 25 minutes to go :) Maybe I should have finished the campaign in the first SC... lol

Woohoo! Up to 2nd in the Random 2v2 Gold league (division 2). Too bad they are resetting. Been beating up on alot of "teams" this week, getting alot of points. Starting to learn the game a bit better. Protoss is strong as hell w/ an exp, almost unstoppable. Terran is unstoppable if toss doesnt exp. Zerg, watch for early roach rushes. Double roach rush w/ speedlings is brutal vs. toss.

Looks like more keys were released. Double the players as this time yesterday. My brother also got another key and gave it to me, so now I have my own account! :D Dont have to use his anymore, woohoo! If by chance I get one in my email, I will pass it along to someone here.

So supposedly friend invites were given to most people already in the beta... will someone be my friend and kindly give a beta key for SC2 to a starving GoldenTiger seeking nourishment for his mind? =) hehe.

EDIT: Someone very nicely gave me one on a different forum... so I'm all set :).

Last edited:
well since historically my luck with getting beta keys is entirely on par with my luck winning the state lotto...if any poor friendless soul has an extra key *wink wink*

I heard that blizzard gave beta testers extra keys for their friends. Hook an ocf brother up? :D

Back