• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn Straight!

We are here to do some good in the world right, and have a little fun while we are at it :D

Been a fun ride watching you two "fighting it out" the last few days.
You just went past me too... but I Was standing still lol
- (sort of)

Just doing a little "test" folding for myself on my new card now, but plan to get back into more dedicated folding later this year as my finances improve. (and a new better cooled case).

Have Fun and Be seeing ya again soon I think maybe ~_^

Just want to give my condolences to you equinox.

My beloved grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's.. Such horrible way to pass..
We miss him very much, and it's why I fold now. Thanks to Adak's fold-a-thon I got into folding, and I will continue to fold for as long as I can.

I hope that one day, we find a cure for Huntington's and Alzheimer's. No one should suffer through those.

Greetings team 32, I plan on folding on both my computers once I figure out the process :) My family is rife with cancer and Alzheimer's so I believe that if my hobby can help in anyway possible, it would be a crime not to help. Will post more later once I'm at home

Woohoo

Officially folding on the computer in my sig :clap: thanks all for the support, if you let it get you down then lifes no fun :D positive energy is the way to go. will install client on my other computer soon :D

hey guys trying to setup f@h on my 2nd computer and my gpu keep coming back with an error, "failed to start because OpenCL.dll was not found, etc" what am i doing wrong? I'll put the computer specs in my sig just gimmie an hour

"failed to start because OpenCL.dll was not found, etc" what am i doing wrong?

Sounds like a driver issue........If you haven't yet, clean out old drivers first, then install new ones. Don't just overwrite..... See how that goes.

If that doesn't work please start a new thread in the folding section & we'll try & get you sorted. (This thread is for new member into's not diagnostics)

I'm not new but I've been away from the forums for a while and just getting back into folding. Had fun playing with an amazon 32 cpu instance the other day. Now I want a rig of my own, but am in the middle of applying for a visa. The fees could have bought me this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-Core-Ser...396128?pt=COMP_EN_Servers&hash=item1e89d413a0

I'll just stare at it and drool for now. Seems to be a decent price too.

Well, I now have two clients running...one on an asrock H61M-VG3 with an Intel G2030 @3.0? (stock) with 2048 patriot ddr3 (not sure what the spec on the ram is) running Linux Mint 16 KDE 64bit,
and also running a 32 bit version on my XP rig in my sig.
I think I got it running right on the linux box, but I will need a bit of time to see if it works...so far so good.

Edit: forgot to add that the mint box has no video card yet...only runnng onboard graphics...so it will be interesting to see which performs better 32 bit with windows and a Gforce, or 64 bit Linux box with only onboard graphics :edit

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop in and say im going to be folding here for a while, like equinox, i come from TRP.

While I do get excited to see a decent output from my machine, in the end, i don't do it for the points, i do it for the cure.

Well it's been a while since I did any folding, but I just brought home a couple of workstations we replaced at work. They are a Dell Precision T5500 and a T5400. Both have dual Xeon processors with four cores each. Unfortunately they are dell so no overclocking, but they still churn out respectable PPD. These workstations previously were used full time caculating dose for radiation therapy (treatment for cancer), so I figured a good use for them would be to fold for the cure now that they are retired.

Thanks for the welcome.

Farwalker2u, im slowly creeping up the list, it will take a few more days to to come up with an average.

equinox, no worries bro.

Back