• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU for my rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingpwn

Registered
Which graphic card should I get for I should take for my rig with an 17 2600k & Maximus IV GENE-Z.In a CM690.My total rig budget is around 1100$.I was thinking ATI 6950 ?

Which graphic card should I get for I should take for my rig with an 17 2600k & Maximus IV GENE-Z.In a CM690.My total rig budget is around 1100$.I was thinking ATI 6950 ?

Whats the budget left over from the rest of the rig ?

the 6950 is very good.... :)

Although it kinda depends what you actually want to do with your machine.

The 6950 is a great card, you could also go the route of the GTX570 which is an absolute beast for the price you pay. What's your budget amount left? If you can I'd say go for the 570, you can find them on Amazon for around $360 right now, they normally sit around $400. But the 6950 wouldn't be a bad purchase either since you can flash it to a 6970.

The 6950 is a great card, you could also go the route of the GTX570 which is an absolute beast for the price you pay. What's your budget amount left? If you can I'd say go for the 570, you can find them on Amazon for around $360 right now, they normally sit around $400. But the 6950 wouldn't be a bad purchase either since you can flash it to a 6970.

Unlikely to manage that anymore since they've removed that "option" a fair while ago so I hear... apparently that was Rev1.... we are now Rev3

Any other suggestions for a good GPU around $200-250? Last thing I need to update my computer is a modern videocard. I dont game much, but I want something that will be fast for a couple years at least. I have been out of the loop for a while (broke :( kids are friggin expensive!).

the NVIDIA 560ti's are worth a look.

I don't really work in dollars so the conversions are a little out.

the NVIDIA 560ti's are worth a look.

I don't really work in dollars so the conversions are a little out.

Definately are.

The only cards you should be looking at today are the 6850s, 560s, and 6970/6950s. Other then that, don't bother with the other cards unless you are trying to fill a budget.

Ended up getting an ASUS 6850 FYI ;) $159.99 with a $20 rebate was a good deal. Now the low score on my windows index is my 80GB Vertex 2 SSD XD Time to get a twin and RAID that *****!

Back