• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What was your very first computer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
C64, then Amiga 2000, then 386, then bought Amiga 500, then sold Amiga and been X86 ever since........ That was 1993 I belive for my first PC. Blood Money was my game. I had a modem. 300 Baud. That's 300, not 56,000 baud. 300............. Now I'm at EDIT: 30 Mb connection.

Last edited:
C64, then Amiga 2000, then 386, then bought Amiga 500, then sold Amiga and been X86 ever since........ That was 1993 I belive for my first PC. Blood Money was my game. I had a modem. 300 Baud. That's 300, not 56,000 baud. 300............. Now I'm at 30 GB connection.

Nobody has a 30GB connection that I know of. You sure you don't mean 30 Mb? You could possibly have 30Gb if you're at some kind of military installation running a supercomputer but even then I doubt it. And that's Gb not GB.

25MHz 486 with 8MB of RAM. Nowadays, I work with microcontrollers that are faster...

Apple ][+, with 64k of RAM hacked (fairly literally) into place so it could run some of the "new" apple ][e programs.

I don't know... whatever my family's first computer was, it had a turbo button with Windows 95. That's all I remember back then.

Other than that, the first computer I actually had for myself was a Compaq with 256MB RAM which I upgraded to 512 and a 2.2GHz Intel Celeron with XP. It's laying in my junk computer pile now for "parts". :)

Some Packard Bell 486ES I think it was called. Back when this was their old logo.

PackardBell.png

Some Packard Bell computer. i used to play Bill Elliot's NASCAR challenge and commander keen I think it was called.

First custom job was something one of my girlfriends had. I thought I was cool being able to upgrade her memory till I realized how bad the computer was, so I ha a friend help me build one from scratch with a Sempron because it was cheaper. Took 2 months to throw it out the window and start over again with a phenom.

Mine was an Apple 2c but I played Draken on my Dad's IBM PC2 (?). I remember it because he had to take off sooo much stuff just to get it to install.

The first one that was actually "mine", that my dad let me set up in my room when he realized having a desktop in his office was an E-machines running a Athlon XP 2400+ with 512mb ram. Upgraded it to a full gig and added a Radeon 9200 pro, added a slightly bigger power supply, and moved it to a shweet CompUSA branded case that was more 80mm fans than actual case.

Hard to say... I had a TRS-80 Model III and a SHARP Pocket Computer PC-1403H. I think the TRS-80 was first thought ~1985 which my mom bought to go to USF when I was 15.

A 386-40 was my first computer. I went through another two pre-built computers before my first self-built, an Athlon 1.0 GHz.

Back