• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New console consternation.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

I currently have a Wii, xbox360 250gb, and a PS3 60gb backwards compatible machine. The PS3 serves as my bluray player which was how I convinced my wife to buy it. :thup: I usually use my Xbox360 to game and play a bit of blackopsII and some other games. I do not game a ton but I like to once in a while. I don't game on my PC because my PC is in my office and my big screen is down stairs, and my PC has no video card.

I feel like I don't need an xbox360 and a PS3. I like the Wii because the games are fun to play with my nephews. It seems pretty silly to have all these consoles. I don't use netflix or Hulu+.

My Xbox live membership is coming due and before I plunk down another $60 for my xboxlive tax I was thinking about options with new systems coming out. I understand that PS+ is required for online with the ps4 that is $50/year.

What would you do?

I own an Xbox and PS3 currently, and have still not made up my mind which one I plan on buying. Most likely I'll wait 6-8 months for all the hype to die down and the bugs to get worked out. Even then, with my PC as a gaming rig, it's still hard to justify spending $400-$500 dollars on a console system.

If I HAD to make a choice right now, I'd probably go Xbox. ONLY because they have better online gaming infrastructure and all of my friends play on xblive.

^ +1
Where your friends play is probably the single largest deciding factor.
Exclusives could be number 2, but so far they don't seem that impressive to me
Outside of that, it's very difficult to make a good decision based on facts at this point, as nothing has been released and/or tested.
Your best bet is to sit back and wait for the dust to settle

I can appreciate the friends online piece. I only really play xbox360 on line because I know people there. I am sure that they are not going to be early adopters of new gaming systems so I will probably not be playing with them for a while.

I am also looking at it from a pragmatic perspective in that the longer I wait, the lower my current consoles resale value will be. My goal is to sell 2 consoles and get a new one.

Back