• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zain

Registered
Hey i just bought a computer, but it was from a sorta dodgy dealer. Its a 1.7 ghz celeron with 40 Gig drive a p4vmm2 mobo, and 256 ddr ram. HOw can i check if its a legit computer that wont **** up in the future? Also, it sometimes lag's out and, just suddenly restarts. I have gotten the blue screen of death 2x. Also how can i check if its really DDr ram? Thanks.

Ps. It makes sound in the speakers when i move around the mouse....? And other stuff. Like a low growling. :(

I assume that the operating system was installed when you bought it? Was it acting like this the first time you used it?

Take it back to them and tell them what it's doing. If they built it then they should fix it. The heatsink might not be on properly if it's lagging out as you say. It sounds like a heat issue to me.

I would suggest returning it...if you just bought it and it already has problems....dont keep it. Build youself a computer with around the same specs...should be really cheap, and you will at least know that you are getting new stuff that should work. Try newegg.com, they have very good prices on pretty much everything(just dont buy fans from them ;)).

yeah heat could be a problem, it also might not have enough power, but its probly heat.

To see if ram is DDR all you have to do is open the case, find the ram (about an inc and a half tal and maybee 6 inces long) press on the white clips on either side, and take out the chip, if there is only one groove in the chip (the bottom part that inserts into mobo) then it is really DDR, if there are two grooves then its regular SDRAM, but instead just retrun it and learn how to build your own.

Back