• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 1866mhz running at 1333mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried reflashing the BIOS by changing the BIOS update to C5FZ.CAP

I'm using BIOS update 1901. Since it has been said the Corsair RAM is having issues with the most recent BIOS updates, I am going to attempt to re-flash using 1401.

It is almost like it ignores any and all settings I set in the BIOS. So if that issue is a bad bios chip, that should be replaced with a new board for sure. I was having some issues prior to the new CPU, and RAM upgrades. My sound card would cut in and out. My board would all of a sudden power down and restart by itself. So I am really hoping if flashing to an older BIOS doesn't fix the RAM issue a new board will. The new CPU installed every time I restart has popped back up as well. Grrrr.

I do have Windows 8.1.

When I go to settings, PC Info it shows that I am running a FX9590 Eight Core Processor.

I just lowered the BIOS down to 1403 and still the same thing. It says New CPU installed F1 to configure. I hit F1 change the settings. Then F10 to save and restart. No matter what BIOS it says New CPU installed. Board Posts F.F. when restarting. I have reseated the CPU three times. The only way past the New CPU installed is to hit F1, then Esc. It then reboots to Windows. Runs fine when booted. The only issue is the RAM is 1333Mhz. I reinstalled my G.Skill RAM and it shows 1600mhz. However when I try and change the clock times to 9-9-9-24, it will not save. It still reboots to 11-11-11-24.

I qualified for a PRE-RMA for my motherboard.

Just waiting on the tracking info from ASUS. Hopefully that fixes my problem. I read in other forums that 9590 OEM versions (FD9590FHHKWOF) do not work on Crosshair V Forumla Z. But I don't see how that can be the case.

Newegg.com had a OEM version bundled with the Crosshair V Formula Z. The CPU is new, RAM is new, PSU is new, graphics cards are only a few months old. I'm thinking it could be a bad board. At least I am hoping as I should have the replacement board soon.

I will keep posted.

UPDATE!!!!

105zk34.jpg

Motherboard arrived from ASUS. Changed out, and everything works. Changed the OC to manual. Set the RAM to 1866Mhz. Then chagned the clocks to 9-10-9-27. Restarted and works like a charm. No more NEW CPU Installed message either.

It was a bad motherboard!

Thanks for those who chipped in at trying to resolve. This community is great!

Last edited:
Back