• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World War 4 - The folding show down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still an AMD vs. Intel competition, or has it become an Intel fanboy vs. AMD fanboy competition (seven vs fishy)? I can borg a bunch of Intel's for Seven, but it doesn't seem right in the spirit of the competition.

Are there many Intels folding for seven, and AMD's folding for fishy? What does everyone think?

BTW, I love these types of competition, it gets everyone involved and makes folding that much more fun.

Think a little bit of each is folding for each other but it didn't sound like many. Its mainly Intel vs AMD to most extent. There are some oddballs out there though.

Also it is a fanboy type compitition too. Who wins gets bragging rights until the next compitition for whos CPU is better :)

I don't think either side would mind if you borged the Intel's you have for Seven's side......... we've got a few AMD's folding with us b/c some Intel users have AMD's as well..... I don't see why it would matter if you did the same thing.

Traitor ;) :D

hehe...yup but tis but a scratch. BUT with the possible borgs mentioned, we have to keep in mind that any lab, school, business is 95% Intel. So while the Intel side may be able to pick up 20-1000+ cpus in one shot, us fellow AMDers have to borg our own computers and ya know 1 or 2 from a friend. So this race is going to be much more of a challenge for the AMD guys. In all honesty, I think we all would just love the extra firepower for the team as a whole no matter where it came from. So in the end of the 250k points, it will probably be won by whichever team those INTEL borgs go and it's mostly the Intel team.

There's already been a few AMD guys with Intel borgs, so I think the power borging for this race will be pretty even for both sides. I'm pretty sure the AMD guys are free to borg Intel cpus for their sadistic and maniacal purposes... i.e attempting to win the race :D

kornydeftones said:
hehe...yup but tis but a scratch. BUT with the possible borgs mentioned, we have to keep in mind that any lab, school, business is 95% Intel. So while the Intel side may be able to pick up 20-1000+ cpus in one shot, us fellow AMDers have to borg our own computers and ya know 1 or 2 from a friend. So this race is going to be much more of a challenge for the AMD guys. In all honesty, I think we all would just love the extra firepower for the team as a whole no matter where it came from. So in the end of the 250k points, it will probably be won by whichever team those INTEL borgs go and it's mostly the Intel team.

Totally agree with you :santa:

Here, in Poland there are more AMD platforms, than Intel, for a reason too.
For me my current AMD processor was better than Intel, and A64 will be better than P4. It's all about what you need.

Still AMD / Intel folding competition is a good reason to increase folding power.

Well see... the people who fumble to this thread have no idea that this is all a plan to have more people folding for Team 32 so we can pass [H] and OCAU ... They think it's one side against the other (which it is, to a tiny degree) ...

So I'm feeling ... FISHED IN! /me imitates Wayne's world..

Elric said:
Well see... the people who fumble to this thread have no idea that this is all a plan to have more people folding for Team 32 so we can pass [H] and OCAU ... They think it's one side against the other (which it is, to a tiny degree) ...

So I'm feeling ... FISHED IN! /me imitates Wayne's world..

YOU GOT IT

Sjaak said:
Hey hey, those companies choose Intel for a reason :attn:

Wrong there...it's all about marketing. Besides, schools and businesses go with mainly what...Dell's or something right? All Intel if Im not mistaken. AMD chose to market to us computer savvy people that normally dont have all the money in the world but want a processor as good, if not better than an Intel usually for a cheaper price. Granted many variables there but you get my point. Also yes, while there will be some Intel borgs for team amd, where do you think most of the borgs are going to go? Intel right. All in all, Intel's largest market is with the companies like Circuit City etc etc. Plus I know of alot of people who may not be as up to date as the rest of us, that still think raw ghz is what says a computer is fast. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back