• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+5v Rail only 4.4v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

svoltmer

Registered
I was wondering if my +5v rail was undervolted would that cause problems with my onboard audio device? I still need to check with a voltmeter, but SiSandra showed my +5v at +4.4v wich is not within specs at all.

Software readings shouldn't be trusted. Use a multimeter to know for sure.

I frequently see threads with people claiming their 12v is at 6v (etc). Yours is a little bit closer, but I'm betting it is the same thing. Let us know either way.

I did check the power supply voltages with a multimeter and they were within tolerances for ATX. I RMA'd the board back. Hopefully the next MOBO will be without defect.This will give me a chance to reseat the heatsink for better temps.
3v was at 3.4
5v was 4.92
+5v SB was 5.1v
12v was 12.52
-12v was -11.98

voltages NOT under load

There is no reason to RMA a board if it is detecting the wrong voltages. It does not change how the board operates.

Sorry, for the confusion but the on board HD audio ports were bad. They kept disconnecting and randomly trying to connect to one of the other HD audio ports which made all audio cut in and out. That is why I RMAd the board. I just thought the power supply had caused it untill I checked my voltages with a meter.

Back