• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best maker of x800xl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

I will be getting a x800xl and dont know who to get it from. I will be ordering it off newegg and the one that had the most and best reviews was the one from rosewill which kinda shocked me. But what would you guys suggest, i looked at the HIS one that already had the nice HS/F on it but not that many people have bought that one. I would like to get the ATI one but the oem one is out of stock.

Here is the rosewill,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814164041

Well it doesn't have a power connector (So it won't overclock as well), but if you want to keep it cheap that's the way to go. :)

I would just go with whichever one is the cheapest. On average, the Powercolors with the external 6pin plug dont overclock that much better than the normal ones without one. See here and here

I just bought a COnnect 3d x800xl from Monarch and that thing flies. 470core /600 memory. COre watercooled ofcourse but the memory is bare. No extra power connectors btw. The extra power connector is used to power the rage theater chip on powercolors with dual DVI. Less power draw equals higher overclocks thats y the connect 3d overclocks like crazy. Its a very simple card. No frills.

Back