• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 5.7 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found this article about the cat 5.6, 5.7, and 5.8. I haven't seen any benchies or reviews of the 5.7's though. And the 5.8's are due sometime in august. I might just wait for those.

Has anyone tried Battlefield 2 on these drivers (preferably on an X800XL, but anything is fine)? Sometimes I have pixelated shadows with my current drivers and I was wondering if these did anything about that.

the only thing that matters is if they're better than the 5.6 cats. somebody do some benches or something.

wow, they just released the 5.6's and now they have already rolled out the 5.7's?! jeez.

HousERaT said:
the only thing that matters is if they're better than the 5.6 cats. somebody do some benches or something.

no imporvement in 3DMark05 - 10points less for 5.7 in my case - ran back to back 4times and went back to 5.6

hmm anyone notice a preformance slowdown in battlefield 2? I think mine is running a tad bit slower but i cant recall the preformance that i used to get (been switching resolutions too much)

hmm alright thanks, but try to look for black textures on vehicles when they are not yet in your view scale (100% for me) ive only had it happen once but maybe it was a one time thing

They raised 2 FPS in the CS:S bench and 60 points in 3dMark03. So there pretty good, i was hoping for a 100 frame raise in both CS:S and BF2, but you cant have everything. :)

Just try the new drivers yourself. Everybody has a different setup. If they're not as compatible for you, just go back to 5.6. :)

hibner said:
I found this article about the cat 5.6, 5.7, and 5.8. I haven't seen any benchies or reviews of the 5.7's though. And the 5.8's are due sometime in august. I might just wait for those.

FYI the Cats go on a monthly basis. So it's VERY safe to say 5.8's will come out in Aug, hence the "8". The end number represents the month they are released. Not sure if you knew that, but just a heads up if anyone didn't.

I'll try these out tomorrow. Getting 2 new HDD's tomorrow, figured it would be a waste of time to install them today when a format is coming tomorrow.

alright well battlefield 2 stills seems a little slower to me but i think its just my imagination, cs:s runs much more smoothly (with aa too) and my 03 score went up 100 points

something seems wrong with me :/ now my desktop is really slow!, minimizing my browser or chat window is hella slow now! :/ not as smooth as before with the 5.6, i think im going to switch back.

chinky714 said:
something seems wrong with me :/ now my desktop is really slow!, minimizing my browser or chat window is hella slow now! :/ not as smooth as before with the 5.6, i think im going to switch back.

Did you uninstall the 5.6's first?

Back