• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Giel One TCCD 1GB Dual Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fr3@k3r said:
even if you buy DDR600 sticks, your not garuntee'd that speed like you are with the geil.
So you are saying if you buy DDR600 from PDP, or OCZ that dont do DDR600,
you cant RMA them? and only Geil one will honor it?
I guess this could be the new year resolution for Geil one. :clap:

Bugeyes said:
If your trying to suggest that every stick of that patriot will do DDR600 your kidding your self, I had a set of that and it would only do about 280Mhz @ 3,4,4,10. :shrug: TCCD/5 is quite variable in what it can clock to.

Maybe you need to spend more time with it :D
I had 4 sets, 3 of them did > DDR600 and one set I tested for somebody else did 298MHz. All on 1T and 2.5-3-4-x timings. Check the DFI stable settings thread in my sig for details :)

I hope it is well known that every setting including 1:1 with an A64 is off a divider. It is the net CPU freq that matters in the end :)

Labels aside, the buying points hinge on price and customer service. Thus far, OCZ and Patriot have been very good to me. If anybody else offers the same quality of service, i.e answering my questions, provide me with the necessary technical information etc, for a lower price, I'll go with them.

scooter. DDR700 is a waste of money. You board may not scale up so high. Also, running a high HTT isn't the best way to ensure system stability. Remember that the buses signals ride on are rated for a certain frequency. Hardware limits do exist in the form of RF emissions/intereference etc.

I do understand if you want the guarantee to have the DDR600 then pay the extra $$$. It really isn't THAT important on A64's anyways, but I will still side with the 1:1 side on that issue. Personal preference.

I will also just throw in, my PQI TCCD runs some nice settings although I never completely got finished testing them out. Had them at DDR640 @ 2.5-5-4-7 @ 2.8v. 2.5-4-3-7 would clock up into the mid-280's. But that's enough about my ram. It cost me $245 anyways. ;)

So, in conclusion, you get what you pay for. Yes $20 cheaper for the same stuff but it's not tested, therefore you are PAYING for the testing. It's just a matter of preference, some want that guarantee while others don't. I don't see that need for flame wars.

EDIT: SuperNade, I've been meaning to give this ram a serious work over, and hopefully I will here soon. Get it posted up in that DRAM thread of yours. ;)

Back