• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with OvC power supply installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shngrdnr

'lo all

Currently installing a OcUK Crusade 650W Dual-Rail High Efficiency Power Supply and having a bit of trouble sorting the power cables (bit of a building noob).

Is it okay for the video card and the cd drive to share a power cable, as the split cable supplied with the PSU implies? Or is it better to have separate cables for the separate hardware?

I'm going with the former for now, but thought it best to check.

Cheers -

'lo all

Currently installing a OcUK Crusade 650W Dual-Rail High Efficiency Power Supply and having a bit of trouble sorting the power cables (bit of a building noob).

Is it okay for the video card and the cd drive to share a power cable, as the split cable supplied with the PSU implies? Or is it better to have separate cables for the separate hardware?

I'm going with the former for now, but thought it best to check.

Cheers -

This is not compulsory:

I normally dedicate the vid card to one connection alone, that's normally your biggest power draw. The rest are low power draws and you can piggy back them if you wish.

Back