• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Green Colossus water cooling build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SOLUTION

My concern is the Ram to CPU liquid. Since I am under the belief that water will always find the shortest route, it would seem that if this is the case, then the CPU would soon be starved due to bad flow.

I may be wrong, and i do understand the looks part of the loops, but i do also think the going CPU IN, CPU OUT, RAM IN, RAM OUT would be the better optimized option.

Pierre3400 - i was thinking the same thing about the flow. but what if you add flow restriction, a faster way for the liquid to go. i added this rubber washers to ram block which made the hole more than half the size. i think this will make liquid pull towards the cpu more than the ram. do you think this is solution?

0eb9c75d-cc6b-429e-9dc6-210a90731eb2.jpg

/

GTXJackBauer - thanks. those are all secuity installs

I honestly don't think you needed to use those washers. RAM blocks are generally more restrictive than CPU blocks, so the CPU would have more flow across it regardless. DDR3 RAM really doesn't need watercooling, so a reduced flow across the RAM block shouldn't matter much to the sticks.

Wow things are coming along nicely, so clean :drool:
Keep up the good work :salute:
With some of your pictures from other wiring jobs I can see your attention to detail :thup:

Looks great - the lightsaber comment as well.

You certainly did you homework - Da Vinci must be proud!:thup::D

skorpien - i totally agree that my ram doesn't need to be watercooled, i just added it for the look. and i think is looks pretty good

You misunderstood me, I wasn't saying that at all. I was just saying that the reduced flow across the RAM won't do any harm. I personally like the look of the XSPC block, especially since you're using the matching Raystorm.

I was just saying that the washers you placed in the RAM block aren't necessary as the block is restrictive enough on its own. Using those washers may block the flow to the RAM completely.

Great job so far and best of luck with the rest of your build.

More than most can say, this thread would have hundreds or replies except those people are still unable to fathom such detail and determination put into a build let alone speak ;)

This.
I start looking at this thread and my brain says "I don't even English"

Three words Brilliant!:thup:

Everyone is a critic....

tripleM1515, your skills are incredible and for a first water-cooling build you must have put in a great amount of thought and planning. I wish I had the time and money to build something with the attention to detail that you have done here. :thup:

Is that better? :rolleyes:

First build my god teach me the ways!!! I so want to do something like this but to bad I fail at anything electrical.

A simple well done is not enough, a excellent build with a Superb finish, enjoy your new PC!! And come back to us here with your testing results for Temps??

Respect,

AJ.

thanks everyone, but its not completely finished there's going to be more updates this weekend. works been very busy ... who am I kidding I've been playing GTA V !

Back