• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer AT3265 alarm setting tweak ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

padymcc

I have an Acer model AT3265 and while I've been very happy with it, the one item of grief is the alarm feature. We use it as an alarm clock to wake us up each morning and it MUST be set EVERY day. Initially I asked Acer if they had a software upgrade for it and was told to keep looking at their site as any changes would be posted. Apparently it is not a priority or they just don't see the need to make it more convenient.
I'm hoping someone has a way to tweak the software so the alarm can be set for "Weekdays" as well as "Everyday" and eliminate the hassle of remembering to set it daily.
Thanks in advance!

I can't do it...

... but it seems to me that using your PC and its speakers and alarm clock software would do the job without messing with code.

The "alarm" feature isn't something people buy motherboards for, so it is a second thought when it comes to designing and fixing it. If the feature doesn't work like you want, a BIOS update is the only way to fix it.

I'd also suggest a software solution. If you have an Android based phone, the alarm clock in the new versions works very good and has a ton of options for customization.

Sorry, while this is an Acer, its a 32" HDTV complete with digital OTA tuner, and not connected to a computer in any form.
Sorry for any confusion .......

I thought it was a TV, LOL!

No idea. Not sure anyone here has that TV to even extract what code it may have to edit it in the first place.

Spend $20 and get an alarm clock. Problem solved. :)

THANKS EarthDog.
Have an alarm clock but always wake up to the tv. Earlier one (old analog) was set for a M-F and VERY simple.

Me too, I just turn it on though... :p

I see the convenience in waking up to it... sorry man. :(

Back