• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brooka

Registered
hello.

im trying to decide which keyboard to buy.
Razer Lycosa or the Logitech G15

i was wondering if someone could tell me which is a better overall keyboard.
i game a fair bit but i also type a lot for school.
right now im using a cheap microsoft cordless and it chews through battery's
so i decide to go for a usb.

i know the g15 has a built in lcd display but im nto sure what it offers and if its that much of a benefit,
also does anyone know which is a more reliable keyboard? which will last longer.

they are about the same price so any help would be muc apreciated..

thanks.

so no one knows anything about these keyboards? :(

cmon guys please... im buying one tomorrow. so i would really appreciate your input.

I picked up the razer lycosa 2 weeks ago. It is a great keyboard so far. The soft touch keys are nice. And the back lit keys. I think razer makes a higher keyboard also. I was not aware of this as I was shopping at best buy. I think I would have got the higher one if I knew of it. But this is a nice keyboard. It is pretty basic though. Only extras it really has is the media control on the upper right.

I would say G15.

You actually use the LCD and it's very helpful, especially for like, media, and system monitoring, the macro keys are really useful as well and quite nice, and all of the extras so far have been quite functional. Only thing I don't like, and this is very strange, as that it's a gaming keyboard, but it seems slow.

To expand, I can't play stepmania on it. Understand that I play -very- high end stepmania, TTFAF level and above easily, but when I play I actually switch over to my ANCIENT mac keyboard, just because the keys seem to move up and down MUCH faster and smoother than on the G15. However, for all practical uses, I preferr the logitech.

I have the old school g15 and ive always loved it.

from my personal experience:

pros:
-Lighting of keyboard, and adjustable
-LCD, computer stats displayed while gaming, ventrilo plugin is nice, integrated with itunes/winamp for easy song switching while gaming too.
-Lots of plugins for the LCD as well
-Gaming switch, so you dont accidently hit the windows button

cons:
-too many macro buttons, I have no idea what to do with them all so they are worthless to me
-keyboard starting to fail after about a year, random buttons randomly stop working. A cleaning should fix that (i hope)
-Huge, good luck with space and especially if you use the wrist thing included

Overall ive liked it. I chose this originally over the razor, and i dont regret it. When it dies or i build a new PC, ill be getting another.

Wow! The lycosa looks incredible. I think I might go for that one because I like those style keys, the backlighting, and the smaller style in comparison to the G15. I have a blue Saitek Eclipse and I love it but I beat the hell out of it over the last few years.

I like the LCD of the G15 but I couldn't deal with the orange back light. On the other I really like the looks of the lycosa so its a no brainer to me.

Slogan makes a valid point. Get the G15 if you will -use- the functions. The Razer is a -very- sharp keyboard, but it's much more slimmed down, as such. The G15 comes with a lot more, but if you're not going to use it all, it's just wasted space on a massive keyboard. And I'm actually looking into a way to change the lighting color when I get it, I'm hoping it's a problem in the lighting being orange rather than the keys being orange tinted, as in I could fix the first, but not the second. (probably.)

Back