• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prescott 2.4Ghz 533mhz FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzielee

I just landed myself this version of the prescott CPUs. Does anyone else have a 533mhz FSB version of prescotts ? Does it overclock well- havent attempted yet as it runs quite a bit hotter than me old northwood.

many people are having good luck with them, most people are hitting the same speeds as the 3.0E chips are able to hit.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

I thought they only made 2.4a prescotts which are 400FSB..since when have they started making 2.4b prescotts...they need to make 2.4c prescotts now that'll be phat!!!

The Prescott 2.4A is a 533 bus CPU. Don't ask me why Intel calls them "A", because it makes things rather confusing.

2.4 PRESCOTT

Guys,

Just clarifying the 2.4ghz prescott is labelled by Intel as 2.4A and runs on a 533Mhz FSB.

I'm using it on an Abit IS-7 mobo and its reporting the temperature as 58deg idle and 63deg onload. Appear high to me - not much scope for overclocking

Back