• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folder merge?? kinda??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

Basically what I am looking for is something similar to what the Link Shell Extension provides with the exception of.. this explained easier with an example..

Keep in mind this is just an example..
Say I have two folders (Folder 1 and Folder 2). Say I keep all my rock music in Folder 1, and all my.. rap in Folder 2. Pretend these folders are in different locations, buried deep down on two different partitions/drives. Is there a way to create a folder (in Windows) that would be somewhat of a smart folder that would list the contents of both Folder 1 and Folder 2 within it without having to make a copy? Link Shell Extension will allow you to make hardlinks, but its only for the files you select at the time. Or you could create a junction, but that inserts the folder in your current folder. I dont want that.

More detailed...

Folder 1
- File 1
- File 2
- File 3

Folder 2
- File 4
- File 5

What I want is..

New Folder
- File 1
- File 2
- File 3
- File 4
- File 5

Any one know of a way to accomplish this?

Back