• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using Boinc Tasks and Boinc Rescheduler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

Boinc Tasks is another BOINC manager that controls the client in place of the standard BOINC program from Berkley.

It has more options, functions, and details about your client and makes it easier to control multiple clients from one comp.

I found this from a link in another thread here and wanted to start a thread focusing on it.

Here is where you can check it out and download it.

If you make it your default start up BOINC manager make sure to make the original BOINC manager will not start up with Windows and/or uninstall it.

Another handy program is Boinc Rescheduler. I used it to take the many GPU units I had and give some to the cpu. This kept my cpus busy and eventually led to me getting more and more cpu AND gpu WUs.

You can set it to automatically analyze your WUs and reschedule as needed, but...when it does so, it stops the client and then restarts it. This is fine, but realize if you do it often, like every hour, that is more time that you are not crunching.

In other words...once you get enough units and want the automatic mode on, set it to 12 hours or so. Once or twice a day is not a lot of time off of crunching. Otherwise, you can set it up so you can do it manually.

Back