• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys router not routing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSaddict

I have a 4 port Linksys router and for some reason I cant get both computers to connect to the DSL at the same time. This has all worked in the past very nicely and now it doesn't. Either one or the other will work, not both. The second machine just times out. I have the cables plugged in correctly and have tried different ports on the router. Please help.

Do you have to login to your dsl connection ? If so are you doing that on the pc or on the router ? You will need to do it on the router and let it stay connected so that it can route the internet connection to your pcs.

First of all we need more info, such as router model. But here are a couple things to check first. 1) make sure you do not have cables in the uplink port and port 1 (depends on router model) and 2) log into the router, go to advanced->dynamic routing and make sure working mode is set to Gateway.

also, make sure that you have both pcs set to receive IP info automatically (like ip addy, dns inof, gateway, subnet mask via dhcp) and not configured statically..if each pc is configured statically to use the same IP then only 1 will work and the other will not..

~jeff~

Back