• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help - setiQ problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

OK, setiQ has been running for awhile now. Playing around, I went into 3 of my windows machines that feed off setiQ and run setidriver. I upped the cache size in each one to like 20 WU.

NOW, every time someone goes to get a WU from the setiQ server, it fails and setiQ gives "abnormal termination" error.

WTF? Does setiQ have some wierd WU limit I don't know about?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Responding-Not Much Help

I'm responding to keep this problem up top till some of the more experienced members have a chance to get back on. I have not personally seen the messages you are experiencing, but SETIQueue should not be having a problem at 20 WUs. Pardon my ignorance of the situation but can you clarify for me, is it "Q" or "Driver" which is issuing the "abnormal termination" message? Just thinking outloud but I would reason that possibly whichever program is issuing the message is pointing at the other one as having the problem. Could be completely offbase with that assumption, it's early.

SkyHook

You may be running short on disk space.

SetiQueue will terminate if it can't find space to store data.

Last edited:
1) SETIQ, not driver, is posting the error. And then SETIQ exits. SO NO computer on the network can download a WU. :(

2) Just checked, 2 gig of drive space left.

If I kill and reinstall SetiQ, will it get messed up when clients start sending it WU, even though the new SetiQ did not give them the WU in the first place? (like if I start SetiQ on a new comp).

Thanks,

none- I don't think SetiQueue cares much for the origin of the wu. For a while I had SetiQueue running on two systems and was still using Seti Driver to download directly from Berkeley. I've set up lots of Queues. Makes a mess:

http://www.setiqueue.org/[email protected]&Submit=Lookup

but it does keep thing moving.

An upgrade works. 3.03.2.2b is the latest but in your case you might want to install Setiqueue on a clean system and then move it to the non functioning system. Everything you need is in the Setiqueue volume.

Harvey

Back