• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian or Xaser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If I had to buy a case that was between them two I would probably go with the lian-li. I like the look and sleekness of aluminum. Although the xaser looks rather well. :) Both beautiful designs!!

I prefer the look of the Xaser personally, but performance wise in the cooling department whats gonna be best?...... i know the Lians are good for cooling but i've heard the Xasers are pretty much top notch in cooling to.....

I think they are both equally appealing, I guess it just come down to which one you like better.

They both cool well. I suppose the TT has more potential because it has more fan slots, but with high speed fans in all the slots it's going to about blow your eardrums.

I'm the kind of guy who sleeps through his alarm clock for half an hour and has headphones on when i play the comp in the evening, i doubt the noise would be very noticable to my ears, i kinda trained myself into ignoring little buzzing noises. :D

TeLoS said:
The xasers come with 5 fans and are nicely built, what do you get with the other cases?

The xasers are also alot more expensive and I think alot of people know how to use a dremel and such tools to mod their own cases.

Also it would still be cheaper to buy a chieftec case and go get some 80mm case fans

Xaser goes for like 140$ (its the same case as the chieftec)

Chieftec aluminum case with window and 2 fans ~70$
3 80mm case fans 15$ total at most (inc shipping)
85$ save yourself 55$ by simply pluggin in the fans yourself

BTW if you want the "thermal temperature control system" just get one of those dual compunurse things that fit in a 5.25" slot they are like 15$, so if you really want the lcd temp things then you still save 40$

40$ is a good deal of money to save for something so simple

TeLoS said:
I'm the kind of guy who sleeps through his alarm clock for half an hour and has headphones on when i play the comp in the evening, i doubt the noise would be very noticable to my ears, i kinda trained myself into ignoring little buzzing noises. :D

I highly doubt anyone could sleep through a tornado at full blast let alone 5 of them.

I have 3 alarms (2 have dual alarms) so 5 alarms total, I dont get out of bed because im either tired or lazy or whatever, and I can easily shut them off. Now if the tornado was running while I was in bed I could probably deal with it.

But when the entire house is silent except for the whirling tornado there is no chance of me falling asleep.

I'm in the UK guys, prices are a bit different, i'm gonna look around and price up the Chieftec and fans vs the Xaser........

be back soon:D

Xaser measures up at
---------------------------
20.6x8.1x18.6 inches

80x80x25mm Silent Fan, 21dB
-Front x2
-Rear x2
-Side Panel x 1

-32 cfm

Priced @ Inc VAT £78.73 but i can get it cheaper @ around £68.00.

Chieftec measures up at
--------------------------------
470mm x 205mm x 522mm

Anything that is gonna meet 32 cfm is gonna be at least £5.00, or it'll be loud, i don't see how this is gonna work.

Priced @ INC VAT £ 45.83 best price i seen this case at.

So lets say for example i find some fans that are quiet and create at least 30 cfm @ £3..... lets x5 @£3 / £15 + £45.83 = £60.83

Ok thats just getting the fans to go with the case, i think this is heading in the wrong direction and its not saving me as much as you'd think it would, the Xaser path seems a better choice already, unless you wanna find me a better deal?.....UK retailers though :D .......lol....... not that i like to argue :rolleyes:

Last edited:
TeLoS said:
BTW before you get confused i'm talking about a Xaser II here not a Xaser III.........

I looked up the xaser II 5000+ or something like that and found most places selling at like 140$ usd, you can get the chieftec/chenming whatever you want to call it for as low as 60$ shipped and almost anywhere for 70$ shipped

I dont know where you buy pc parts but here in the us you can get 80mm 32cfm 28dba fans for like 2.50$ each at Svc.com If you want quiet fans they also have 20cfm 18dba fans for 2.50 each or 5 for 11.00.

Fans are very cheap over here, also the xaser case is built from the chieftec case

Heres pic of xaser
Xaser

Pic of chieftec
Chieftec

Pic of antec case (also a chieftec/chenming)
Antec

pic of chenming
Chenming

I dont know the current exchange rate (1 pound is ~ 1 usd right ?)but if you can get the xaser for that cheap after tax then Id go for it. Usually over here in the states the xaser is a ripoff since you can build one for a little more then half the price.

I checked a few uk retailers and couldnt find the xaser II 5000+ for less then 130 inc vat, so you obviously know where to look. If its that cheap then it is a good deal. Im not saying the case is bad or anything it is just usually overpriced.

DipStickTony said:
I dont know the current exchange rate (1 pound is ~ 1 usd right ?)

1 pound is about 1.60usd

i have a xaser 3, and im going to be the first one to say it, its not a chenning/antec/chieftec whatever you wanna call it, its completely different. the xaser 3 is more expensive, but it has 7 fans, and they are all quiet. this case is quieter than my last one, i had no fans and an open side panel, the CPU fan was making more noise than i hear now. cooling wise ive noticed about a 5-10c drop in cpu temps vs my old case, so i think its worth it. (plus the xaser 3 looks good, especially compared to the xaser 2)

Mr. Tom said:

1 pound is about 1.60usd

i have a xaser 3, and im going to be the first one to say it, its not a chenning/antec/chieftec whatever you wanna call it, its completely different. the xaser 3 is more expensive, but it has 7 fans, and they are all quiet. this case is quieter than my last one, i had no fans and an open side panel, the CPU fan was making more noise than i hear now. cooling wise ive noticed about a 5-10c drop in cpu temps vs my old case, so i think its worth it. (plus the xaser 3 looks good, especially compared to the xaser 2)

sorry but the xaser 3 is just a modified chieftec/chenming case its just not the normal dragon style, its the bottom mid right black one I believe

Link

Also the xaser III is a very very nice case no doubt about it. Its loaded with smartfan 2's, fan filters, and a cool closeable top blow hole. Im just not a fan of premods and thermaltakes mod's can easily be done(except the top blowhole) to an existing case for alot less money

The xaser III goes for like 165$, and 200$ for the platinum version which is ALOT of money for the features they charge. The case itself does only cost ~ 65$ so you are paying 100-135$ for them to premod it for you, to me its just not worth it. But IF you can find a really good deal like getting it for how much Telos did then its an excellent buy, otherwise Its alot cheaper, and more fun to mod the case yourself.

Back