• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chieftec and Cheming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeLoS

They are practicly the same thing aint they?.....same company i assmume from what i've seen........anyways

A few days ago i posted a topic here , i was determined to get a Xaser case or a Lian but i prefer the Xaser look, after much debate i was'nt really paying much attention to the fact that its much cheaper to buy a chieftec/chenming case, which as pointed out before, and then mod it myself, looking at UK prices it did'nt seem like much of a saving, but after looking at US prices (today), i can see why peeps are going the chieftec/chenming route and not the Xaser one, its a nice case but only slightly different to the Chieftec/Chenming ones because the bundle you get with it and a modified look, the prices are good for you guys on Chieftec/Chenming cases, and they even come with PSU's and Windows for way cheaper then what i'd be paying here in the UK (used online currency converter to compare prices).

So with that said, which website is good for a decent case at a good price and not too high on shipping costs to the UK??....as this may work out a cheaper and better way to get myself a case! :D

TIA

goto newegg.com. i think CHIEFTEC is the main manufacturer of ALL of those cases that look like that. chenming, xaser, etc just put different face plates and mod it a bit. if u see at newegg, chenmings are the ones that look like the "Spiders" (thats what most sites sell it under), and i think thats just super ugly IMO

the original chieftec, however, is nice

Yeah i spent a while looking at newegg, the only problem is they dont ship to the UK *sigh* .......and they do such great prices, shame :(

What about ... Antec Plusview 1000 4x5.25 5x3.5 ATX Tower Case with Side Window, is that any good? i can get it from a UK supplier for cheap with free delivery at the moment for £61, will come with 2 x 80mm fans, but i have 2 x 80mm fans in this current case i can add to the case so that would put me upto 4 fans..... :D

Antec case just as good?

I heard Chieftec, Antec, and Chenming are all manufactured by the same company... I think that the big company was either Chieftec or Chenming, not antec.

Edit:
They also make Enermax cases... After doing a search I also foudn the this:
-They all come with their own PSU...
- SOmeone suggested that it is none of these brands, but one big manufactuer who makes the cases and sells them to other companys.. Who then sell them as is or with a PSU.

Last edited:
TeLoS said:
What about ... Antec Plusview 1000 4x5.25 5x3.5 ATX Tower Case with Side Window, is that any good? i can get it from a UK supplier for cheap with free delivery at the moment for £61, will come with 2 x 80mm fans, but i have 2 x 80mm fans in this current case i can add to the case so that would put me upto 4 fans..... :D

Antec case just as good?

sounds good, I have a cheiftec and it's GREAT.

Does it come with a power supply?

Chen Ming is the actual manufacturer, Antec, Chieftec, Thermaltake, et al resell them with their own choice of power supply. Chen Ming makes a huge percentage of the PC cases on the market, they are re-sold by nearly everyone.

Thanx for the help guys.........

Not sure if it comes with a PSU, for that price i doubt it will.......but the one i have will make do for now :D

Purchased

Well i could'nt be bothered to mess around and wait to think about what case to get so i just went and brought the Antec Plusview 1000 4x5.25 5x3.5 ATX Tower Case with Side Window + Sunbeam Cathode Kit Blue. :D

I've already got some nice silver rounded IDE cables that i can put inside, got my drives setup using RAID 0 now to, so it should look pretty nice, time to move the case outside of my desk unit though or i'll never get to see inside the beast.

All i need now is a name for it! :D

Re: Purchased

TeLoS said:
I've already got some nice silver rounded IDE cables that i can put inside, got my drives setup using RAID 0 now to, so it should look pretty nice, time to move the case outside of my desk unit though or i'll never get to see inside the beast.

All i need now is a name for it! :D [/B]

where di you get silver rounded IDE cables?

Me wants!

Back