• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

~Official Desktop Thread~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxvla

desktop27.jpg

nothin special right now but it looks nice.

Thats a cool theme BigRed ;) I lost my theme when I lost my main rig, have yet to recover the files for it off of my old hard drive ;( Its mostly greys and blacks and it matches quite nicely with my Blade II background :cool:

desktop.jpg

fluxbox, with eterm + xmms, with daylight/nightime satellite pictures of earth

**lol i have to remember to leave my server up now, it was down all today 9/23 with a broken PSU fan **

desktop.png

this is my new gnome 2.4 desktop

Last edited:
Here's mine:

Small
Large
Click to Enlarge[/url]
Original Size = 1280x1024x32bit
Shrunk to 1024x768 for those of you on dialup.

It would have looked a lot more impressive with my 24 day uptime that I had until today (TYVM Steam :mad: ). This is my main box, Win2k Pro SP4, it's a 3 year old install and still kicking. Specs are in my profile.

I may update this screenshot occasionally. If I get time (and if I remember), I'll post Darkness's screenshot tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's darkness:
Linky
Darkness is a P2 300Mhz / 160mb EDO RAM. Running Gentoo Linux 1.4, and the window manager is WindowMaker.

You may notice I'm ssh'd into BROMINATOR, which is my firewall/nat/proxy/etc box. There's no GUI on that box, so the console is the best screenshot your gonna get. It's a Gentoo Linux 1.4 box.

Last edited:
Penguin4x4, that icon looks suspiciously like MS Greetings 97 ;)

Here it is:

*removed*

I like my desktop clutter-free of icons, and clutter them in quick launch instead, just my thing. No games installed now so I can focus on other endeavors (yeah, like that helps any ;) )

BTW, I know I haven't tweaked the eq on QCD, I haven't gotten my lazy self around to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentoo (Linux) running windowmaker and gnome-terminal (I'm addicted to having anti-aliased text in the terminal). Don't ask me why I named it Fornifax. I'm not really sure myself.
Click the picture for the 800k 1600x1200 png.

Last edited:
adrian nelson said:
i would post my desktop but im not allowed
Not allowed? Sure your allowed!

Step 1. Press "Print Screen" or "PrtScrn" on your keyboard when your ready to take a screenshot
Step 2. Start up a graphics program, or Paint Brush, and Choose EDIT/Paste
Step 3. Save it as a JPG, GIF, or filetype of your choice (BMPs get really large though).
Step 4. Find hosting. Here are a few spots:
>> host it yourself, or on your ISP's webspace.
>> www.theforumisdown.com
>> email it to me @[email protected], and I will host it for you
>> other people also offer hosting.
Step 5. Compose a post, use
b]] to put your picture in your post

desktop1-09.26.03.jpg

desktop2-09.26.03.jpg

I run dual monitors, and it makes for hell to display correctly in forums (unless you don't mind scrolling back and forth, that is, and I hate that.)

On the left (top image) is vampiric Celes Victoria from Hellsing. Notice the increase in bust size, and reduction in skirt length.

To the right (bottom image) is the violent (yet lovely) Narusegawa Naru from Love Hina.

I needed some light to balance out the dark of the first image ;)

edit: I also use Ultramon for my dual display. If you run dualies, I'd suggest you check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back