• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Beginners: How to set your 25/6/700K to 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks a bunch for posting this guide. This is my very first overclock and this thread made it much easier :D

After a few tweeks to my vcore, I was able to get a stable prime95 going at a vcore of 1.375v (Entered that in bios but CPUID says 1.33-1.34?).

CPUOC.jpg

Also managed to pass 5 attempts in the intel burn test.
Are my temps ok or should I try to aim for a lower vcore?

Thanks

Ya u should,go lower by abit abit ,un till its unstable,then raise abit more.
Mine load is 1.28~.09

Ya u should,go lower by abit abit ,un till its unstable,then raise abit more.
Mine load is 1.28~.09

Do you mean just lowering the voltage? Cause i initially started at 1.35 which was unstable, then increased it to 1.365 then 1.375 until it was finally stable :)

Do you mean just lowering the voltage? Cause i initially started at 1.35 which was unstable, then increased it to 1.365 then 1.375 until it was finally stable :)

Then dun touch it,last time i play with the setting until my board and HDD DIE :attn::rain:

With Asrock Z68 gen 3 ex 3.First try @4.3,no crash no blue screen or anything,it just boot up perfectly.I was stun,my old com nid some setup but now my this com,1 try then success.I think i few of the lucky once :shock:?

3 hours of Prime95 would have been too low in my case.
Got a error at 3.5hours with one setting.
The next settings I got the error at 4.5hours.
But I'm stable now, thanks to this guide :) Good read for first time overclocker (me):)

Is it normal for my cpu vcore to be jumping from 1.20v to 1.41? (I've set it to 1.375 in the bios)
This is while I'm playing FFXIV, gonna test it on another game tonight.

Edit: This is happening when my computer is idle and not running any games too. Bounces from ~0.92v - 1.34v

Last edited:
Please help, got an early error(2 - 3 mins) in prime running blend.
set my clock to 45
all advance features was turned off including power saving.
Vcore = 1.35w
Dram Voltage = 1.529 as ram's default voltage
set the ram to 1600mhz and to default timings
Speedstep set to auto
LLC = level 5
Spread spectrum - auto

whats wrong with my settings? any help guys...?

btw, what is spread spectrum about? and some set there speedstep to manual and set short and long to 250/250 respectively. do I need set mine too?

Last edited:
are my vcore ok or is it to low?

1344 FFT with 90% of ram run in 15mins.

bios :
cor voltage - offset - .0035v
pll - 1.709v
vtt - set to auto
llc set to level 2

bios shows that my vcore are 1.306 switcing to 1.312v

cpu shows (under load) mostly 1.288 & 1.280v
but sometimes kick to 1.296v and goes down to 1.272v
what LLC settings best fits for me?
Thanks you!

btw, I also ran 1792FFT for 15mins and also passed

do I need to set somethng or should go P95 blend? and what settings?
and what can you say about the vdroop? any suggestions with LLC?

Last edited:
First of all thank you for this guide:thup:

And before I continue here's my new rig:

i7 2700K
ASRock Extreme4 GEN3
16GB 1866MHz B.Skill RAM
H100 Corsair CPU Cooler
Two GTX480SC Running in SLI
Intel 520 240GB SSD
Two 2TB SATA 6Gbs Seagate Hard Drives
Two 1TB SATA 3Gbs Western Digital Black Edition
A5 AudioEngine Speakers with D1 DAC (Just had to throw that in:D )

Okay So I followed the steps in the guide and got 4.5GHz on the OC but I have a couple questions. BTW I ran Prime95 for approximately 11 hours and had no errors.

While watching CPUID during Prime I noticed that even though I set the multiplier to 45 it fluctuated between 40 and 45 depending on load. Also when idle it drops down to 16x. I'm assuming this is normal.

My temps never went over 58C and averaged around 54C to 56C. I forgot to take a screenshot before shutting down Prime after the 11 hour run but I restarted it just to show what the numbers look like under load.

Prime%20Runinng.png

The only difference in my BIOS from the guide is that I don't have C5. I have C3 and C6 and C1E. I only disabled C1E but left the other two on.

Finally LLC is set to 3. Now, where do I go from here? I want to take it to 5GHz but not sure which settings I need to change for that to happen. I have an idea but I don't want to make any changes until I hear from some of you guys first.

BTW this is a screenshot AFTER the 11 hour Prime95 run but AFTER I stopped the test. In other words it's at idle:

Prime95%2012%20Hours.png

Dunno if this helps you rocknrob, but i have the extreme 3 gen 3 and a 2500K, on mine i had to set llc to 4 to stop it from fluctuating betweeen 40 and 45, i've not disabled any speedstep tho...not really sure if that makes any difference with flutuation...i doubt it as i could see on vcore dropping that was why it fluctuated.
Worth a shot trying that i would think.
PS dropping to 16x while idling is perfectly normal.
PPS i run 4.5ghz 24/7 not 4.9ghz, thats my max benching speed, think the board is holding me back tbh.

Dunno if this helps you rocknrob, but i have the extreme 3 gen 3 and on mine i had to set llc to 4 to stop it from fluctuating betweeen 40 and 45, i've not disabled any speedstep tho...not really sure if that makes any difference with flutuation...i doubt it as i could see on vcore dropping that was why it fluctuated.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure it's a problem though. When the PC idles it sits at x16. Then depending on load it jumps around. Looks like it's a normal process and only changes when it needs to based on load.

Yeah that is normal when you havent disabled speedstep entirely, but try and watch your vcore when running full load...i bet it fluctuates when it drops = same problem i had, i would guess it goes down to like 1.28v maybe even lower, mine did anyways so no wonder it fluctuated

Yeah that is normal when you havent disabled speedstep entirely, but try and watch your vcore when running full load...i bet it fluctuates when it drops = same problem i had, i would guess it goes down to like 1.28v maybe even lower, mine did anyways so no wonder it fluctuated

I will a bit later. I'll see what happens. I don't remember seeing vcore change but I could be wrong, plus I didn't watch for the entire 11 hour Prime95 run.

Hehe i wouldnt sit and watch a 11h run either, but for me the vdroop came pretty quick tho....you might be able to see it within like a couple of minutes, i did.

Who knows about your voltage. The object is to run the lowest voltage needed for your clockspeed that is stable. I can tell you that 15 minutes of P95 does not remotely help you in determining if a system is stable or not. At least a couple hours are needed.

Who knows about your voltage. The object is to run the lowest voltage needed for your clockspeed that is stable. I can tell you that 15 minutes of P95 does not remotely help you in determining if a system is stable or not. At least a couple hours are needed.

Bingo. The lower the voltage the lower the temperatures, although as ED said, the goal is to have it as low as it will be completely stable. Running a combination (not at the same time) of Prime95 for at least a few hours and then IntelBurninTest (IBT) for about 10 passes could be considered pretty darn stable.

cpu shows (under load) mostly 1.288 & 1.280v
but sometimes kick to 1.296v and goes down to 1.272v
currently at LLC level 2. what LLC settings best fits for me?
or this voltages good to go?

Back